Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture F/W 10.11 Paris

Fur, feathers, leather, tailor cut, minimal fierce! Pure HC, pure JPG. He does knock it out of the park!!!!

He can do better and, actually, he has done WAY better...

I think it's a bit sacrilegious for her to wear Louboutin's. They should've made her wear some Gaultier's.

Big surprise to see Dita on the runaway & also i like it the collection.

Loved this collection!!! So many exquisite pieces!! I can't even pick my favs yet.
JPG is beyond amazing

This is definitely the stand out of couture season for me! I'm not usually a huge JPG fan but this is fabulous!

he played safe but i can't hate gaultier... some looks are amazing.

JPG is one designer that I never really care for. It just never excites me.

Same here. It's fabulous, but there's nothing that just grabs my attention whether it's ready to wear or couture.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate when designers pull in actresses to walk their shows, but I loved this collection. It remeinds me of a pret a porter he did a few seasons back with some black skeleton inspired pieces also, it amazed me (I think I was 14?). Very old school JPG, and I love the subtle french refferences as opposed to when he goes all-out with his inspiration (Mexican collection, anyone?) and it ends up distracting from the clothes itself.

Well typical Gaultier nothing really excited me at all.

I adore this collection, it's Gaultier's aesthetic down to a tee.
Really refreshing to see Dita Von Teese modeling too.

I love it, but then Gaultier usually appeals to me

It's so cinematic, I love it. Gaultier always seems to have that vibrant energy, for his shows.
The structure of just about every piece is stellar and the fabrics are to die for. The purple dress is just.. stunning.
Surprisingly I really like the headpieces too. The accessories look brilliant too, especially in the detail shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->