Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture F/W 2018.19 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Jul 4, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

4. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

5. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

6. Fashionstuff

Fashionstuff http://fashionworldstuff.

Theatralic as always
    And gorgeous as always.

7. MagFan

MagFan Well-Known Member

This dress was already perfect 18 years ago and doesn't need any alterations
    [​IMG]

firstview.com

8. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

It says alot about the current fashion climate when JPG remains as one of the best regarding tailoring even when using similar "difficult" fabrics to those of the Dior collection.

His attention to detail and the impeccable tailoring is what keeps me coming back to his work. There isn't a thread out of place. Even when having models moving way more than the funeral that is Dior.

9. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I love Gaultier but menswear aside, I really think that this is one of his worst Couture collection, if not the worst.
    The quality is still great but there are some very strange designs, the same easy gimmicks and the always very unimaginative and kinda dated presentation.

We only have 2 Gaultier shows/ year and the disappointment is even bigger because of that. The ruffled dresses needs to be at an Alexis Mabille show, not JPG!

10. CholoChic

CholoChic Active Member

He misses Ready to wear

11. CommanderTMugler

CommanderTMugler Active Member

I was sad when he retired from RTW and told myself that he would do great couture pieces given he would have more time to work on them, only 2 collections a year but it doesn't seem to be the case. Something is missing, I just expect more out of JPG. Impeccable tailoring as always though and I'm liking the hair details.

12. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

When Gaultier goes monochromatic, classic Le Smoking, no one can touch him with that daft tailoring, fit, and impossibly austere graphic design sensibility.

It’s just too bad that even with HC, he is clearly designing only for his clientele’s wants— with absolutely no extra efforts beyond that requirement.

(The menswear is hugely disappointing-- except for that impeccably draped sari-tux... Tuxes with cheap patented, platform sneakers is what I’d expect from the lowest of the low Philipp Plein, not Gaultier.)

#12 Phuel, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited by moderator massina: Jul 5, 2018
  13. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

When Gaultier goes monochromatic, classic Le Smoking, no one can touch him with that daft tailoring, fit, and impossibly austere graphic design sensibility.

It’s just too bad that even with HC, he is clearly designing only for his clientele’s wants— with absolutely no extra efforts beyond that requirement.

(The menswear is hugely disappointing-- except for that impeccably draped sari-tux... Tuxes with cheap patented, platform sneakers is what I’d expect from the lowest of the low Philipp Plein, not Gaultier.)

#13 Phuel, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited by moderator massina: Jul 5, 2018
  14. KKnardi

KKnardi Active Member

In a weird, fantastic way I kind of like it... I like how many men are thrown into the mix and some outfits are really interesting

15. KKnardi

KKnardi Active Member

In a weird, fantastic way I kind of like it... I like how many men are thrown into the mix and some outfits are really interesting

16. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

I think this is one of his better collections in recent times. No gaudy color schemes..no silly prints..nothing too, too kitschy/campy/cartoonish..and no silly pop-culture references. A few pieces seem out of place here, but no big whoop. I do wish he'd step out of his comfort zone (this really is standard Gaultier), but I'd rather see him stick to what he does best, than try something totally different and eff it up.

I think whatsisface @ Schiap can learn a few lessons here. That guy can take these same fabrics and, somehow, make it look heavy, but in Gaultier's hands, it's nothing short of magic.

17. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

I think this is one of his better collections in recent times. No gaudy color schemes..no silly prints..nothing too, too kitschy/campy/cartoonish..and no silly pop-culture references. A few pieces seem out of place here, but no big whoop. I do wish he'd step out of his comfort zone (this really is standard Gaultier), but I'd rather see him stick to what he does best, than try something totally different and eff it up.

I think whatsisface @ Schiap can learn a few lessons here. That guy can take these same fabrics and, somehow, make it look heavy, but in Gaultier's hands, it's nothing short of magic.

18. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

wonderful, i absolutely love every collection the last couple of years now. the show is 30 minutes long but i watch every single second, the music was fab too.

19. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

wonderful, i absolutely love every collection the last couple of years now. the show is 30 minutes long but i watch every single second, the music was fab too.

20. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

I like this but I can't find anything that makes me say wow like I usually react whenever I see one of his collections :( Something is missing. :unsure: