Jean-Paul Gaultier Haute Couture S/S 09 Paris

I like Chanel and Jourdan's outfits but that's about it really, I don't think this is that strong overall.

Great casting first and foremost and beautiful designs. Now this is couture :heart: All the other shows seem quite ready to wear compared to this :crush:

I love the trouser suits and some of the dresses are amazing..but I´m not entirely in love with the collection.

PERFECTION. Plus you can't go wrong with a black and white color palette in my book. ^_^

^ I totally agree Master Wood! She looks like a modern day Josephine Baker in that chain mail dress with the feathers.

Overall I think this is a huge improvement over last season. It's still not as good as some of his collections in the early 2000's, but it is nice to see him do something that's so focused on one idea. And some of the simpler results are absolutely stunning. That asymmetric "smoking" dress on Ines is fabulously chic.

The makeup is fantastic.
My favorite pieces would be the triangle neck dresses with the bold shoulders.

Thanks for the HQ's Cinnamaranth!
I'm sooooo in love with this collection!! :heart:

Just when you think what Karl did is absolute couture madness, Christian shows up and does it better and just when you praised Christian to be couture god, Jean-Paul does this!
I guess Jean-Paul is Zeus, he's primus inter pares, as we latin-speakers say. Man, he did it. *shakes head in disbelief*

But it's not right without Coco...

Oh........ my................. God.....so gorgeous... beautiful...... makes me very happy!!!!

The amount of research and energy put into the collection shows.

Other house (*cough*Dior*cough*) are stuck doing re-interpretations of the past.

I find this string-theory-collection extremely innovative and refreshing. It has not been done before. Gaultier is pushing the boundaries of fashion and veering into uncharted territory.

This is what couture is about. Not just heavy embellishments and incredible craftsmanship.

Innovation also factors largely, which is what other houses are forgetting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the HQ's, Cinnamaranth. You've been on top of every collection this HQ season and I thank you many times for getting the pictures up! :smile:
And the pictures are absolutely gorgeous. The certain dress we mentioned earlier, in detail, looks even more beautiful. <3 *sigh* <3

what i love the most about gaultier is that, before i see the collection, i always know i'll love it, i know he won't disappoint me, but when i see it i feel stunned, speechless, because i love it much more than i thought i would.
this collection is so gorgeous, it's beyond words. i don't even want to waste my time commenting, i just want to look at it again and again:shock::heart:

I am really liking this collection. The off the shoulder suit and the sheer dresses are amazing!! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->