Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture S/S 2004 Paris

i'd love to wear this dress while in Rome next week :blush:

also this here is perfect for next week , i just die for this skirt and the jacket :heart:

I think that Jean-Paul is almost as insane as Galliano - he's just better at hiding it...

Lena, love your picks! :flower: Esp. that dress on Rie. :heart:

:arrow: Some pieces from the collection were I loved the technique and details. :heart:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Jan 24th, 2004 - 9:35 pm
Lena, love your picks! :flower: Esp. that dress on Rie. :heart:

:arrow: Some pieces from the collection were I loved the technique and details. :heart:
in terms of technique, the yellow one in the middle is truly :woot:

That black skirt suit on Eugenia is gorgeous, also like the yellow gown. That fushia and chartreuse gown on Liya is beautiful in the front, but the back was kinda ugly.

It's been quite a while ever since I've seen a collection I love as much as this one!
Tks, Mr. Gaultier!

PS Kinda O/T : Wouldn't Nicole Kidman look absolutely astonishing on the third piece from the second plate?

A "exotic" destination for a parade with a ruddy complexion and strong in ethnic inspirations.
We find his taste for girdles, spangling and exceeding of a trousers putty cut bass or exaggerated with multicolored African motives, enclosing the hips of a voluminous flowery skirt. My favorite model: the short dress "armor" blue steel in strips, baguettes and folds of muslin satin interlaced ! :P

ps: Sorry if my writing isn't good

I look at this collection over and over again
I cant get enough

Fairly interesting, but I am not liking the outfits for some reason. The colours seem a bit "off" and the designs just don't seem too appealing. :unsure:

OK, I promise to TRY to add pictures when reviving old threads. But for now, just enjoy the youtube clips.

I believe this is the last era of his HC career where the camp factor didn't totally take over. His ideas were still fresh, and a welcome respite from the overworked designs that that other "Jean" was doing around this time.

And, for me, this was definitely the last era of models that I can remember. After these ladies, fuggedabout it.

I think this is my favorite couture collection of all times.

So much cultural appropriation, which, I noticed, both him & Dries have shied away from in recent years.

I also really enjoy this collection because it doesn’t seem to be filled with a hundred-and-one YSL references, which is funny for me, because my favorite HC collection of his was nothing more than a reworking of YSLs Ballet Russe collection from the 70s. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->