Jeans Tucked Into Boots

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by Serena, Oct 29, 2003.

1. kathyjeanc

kathyjeanc New Member

i love this look, but it's sad that it's being played out because so many people are doing it. i also think that this look is not for everyone. i saw a girl once who tucked her jeans into those fuzzy ugg-ish boots, and she had very short and heavy legs. needless to say, she looked stubbier and her legs looked weirdly truncated.

2. Kriss

Kriss Guest

I like this look very much and it is also very practical here in the nothern europe, where it's too cold. At the moment it's snowing or raining, so you can imagine what it is outside, so boots over jeans is a neccesery over here.
    I'm going to buy myself a nice pair of black leather knee-high boots to tuck into my skinny jeans but most of the teenagers here wear those ugg-like boots with pom-poms tucked into their flared jeans. Now that's bad!

#82 Kriss, Nov 27, 2005
    Last edited by moderator : Nov 27, 2005
  3. princessgem

princessgem New Member

I've been doing this for years.
    I think it looks so smart and streamlined.
    It can als work with high heeled smart boots but casual Uggs/Love Australia/Emu boots etc.
    I think you have to be fairly tall to pull it off, (or at least not have short legs, 'coz it'll make you look stumpy).
    I have always wondered why people would wear boots if they are not going to show them off!

#83 princessgem, Nov 27, 2005
    Last edited by moderator sunflower: Nov 27, 2005
  4. scara

scara New Member

oh yeah... hate thoes boots:sick: :ninja:

5. uniquelyurban

uniquelyurban New Member

I love it... it shows confidence and a funky appeal. the jeans have to be thin enough so that they don't get bunchy, and the rest of the outfit should be simple... a wide belt always looks great with this look.

6. *Jibrielle*

*Jibrielle* New Member

I really like tis trend! I've been doing it since last year, and I agree with everyone I think it looks best with flat boots

7. BettyCooper

BettyCooper New Member

Tired of jeans tucked in

Hi Everyone,

New here, I'm 27 and I live in NY. I have law degree but don't practice..whew! Anyway,I just wanted to see if anyone else was getting tired of the jeans tucked into boots phenomenon. Obviously, its useful for winter, but everyone and their mother wears them here, even if they don't look good!!

I saw a 6ft. tall 200lb woman in them, and another person wearing loose pants tucked into ankle boots :doh: ...totally wrong!! I think when it gets to that stage its time to call it a wrap. I mean its almost getting to the point of the long peasant skirt that everyone had on this summer, I'm tired of it already, is anyone else?

8. mexico925

mexico925 Guest

Someone here called it "Puss in boots" ha ha! Purrfect!
    It's horrifying! As far as I'm concerned it's not a trend that we want to see last more than five minutes and really only looks good on equestrians of a certain age.

9. aya_k

aya_k New Member

i have a sad feeling this trend isn't going anywhere anytime soon... but i strongly feel it should :flower:

10. iLoveCouture

iLoveCouture catch me if you can

11. LoveLetter

LoveLetter New Member

But it is very comfortable in the winter!

12. GlissadeJete

GlissadeJete New Member

i can't help it. i love this look and have been doing it for a few years now. its a practical way to keep your jeans clean in crappy weather. and when its done right, its really cute. i don't really care how many others are doing it.

i think we'll be seeing a lot more of this as winter moves on. this is a huge boot season for retail.

13. LoveLetter

LoveLetter New Member

Well said! I have bought more boots this winter!

14. calexico

calexico New Member

it depends on the situation... and on the entire look...
    i cannot judge by bottom half alone!
    i think that when done right, it can be such a very classic look... almost equestrian... really beautiful when done correctly...

15. rainey

rainey New Member

I am not tired of the look in general, but I am tired of the countless people who wear it very badly.

16. meowmix

meowmix New Member

i'm a bit tired of the look as well... EVERYONE here does it... but it's quite practical.

17. NOE

NOE New Member

These days I prefer rolling up my jeans twice (so they kinda look like capri's) and wearing my tall boots (winter boots or sassy boots) under the jean. The physically tucking in of the jeans part annoys me and I don't want to get skinny jeans for it.

It is VERY practical for this time of year with all the snow... aids in not walking into your house with wet leg bottoms:p

18. aerin

aerin New Member

Tucking jeans into your boots have to be done right for it to look good. You need the right type of jeans, right type of boots, right type of body. I think the look itself has been too played out, and it's especially bad when people wear it for the look and not for practicality's sake.

As many people mentioned, it's really helpful to tuck jeans into boots during bad weather to stay warm and avoid messing up the cuffs of your jeans, and nowadays, that's the only time I wear them this way. ^_^

19. katherinelesley

katherinelesley New Member

I've been doing this as well lately, mainly because the newfound "freshman 15" has caused the need for me to avoid anything that could contribute to a heftier look. I find that the slightly longer line for the jeans and the option of wearing sleeker boots without the bumps caused by tucking the jeans in makes for a much more flattering alternative.

20. scara

scara New Member

THIS IS NOT A LOOK FOR EVERYBODY!

when will people who not read this thread ever discover that?