Jeff Burton - Photographer

Alien Sex Friend

Reaction score
short bio:

After receiving an MFA in painting from CalArts in 1989, Jeff Burton began a career as a stills photographer on the sets of adult movies. Untitled (K.C.) demonstrates Burton’s careful attention to the compositional possibilities of the p*rn*gr*ph*c scene. In K.C., as with much of Burton’s work, bodies hold more than the promise of sex – they offer the opportunity to reinvest in the urgent pleasure of looking. While genres collide and attentions wander, Burton’s work advocates for a desire that reaches beyond the proscribed boundaries of sex into the landscape of the everyday.

Jeff Burton lives in Los Angeles. He has had numerous solo shows in the U.S., Japan and Europe. His work has also been included in many group exhibitions, including Beau Monde/Site Santa Fe 4th International Biennial (2001), curated by Dave Hickey, and Stills: Emerging Photography in the 1990s (Walker Art Center, 1997).

Burton’s photographs are collected in three monographs:

- Untitled (Composite Press/Hougado Corp., 1998),
- Dreamland (powerHouse Books, 2001),
- The Other Place (Twin Palms Publishers, 2005), which includes an essay by Bruce Hainley.

and Sadie Coles HQ, London

original txt from artleak.org

He is represented by:
his CV is here http://www.caseykaplangallery.com/cv/jeff_burton.pdf

He`s not often contributor anywhere, cause fisrt of all he`s art photographer (who told, what p*rn isn`t art?))), but he shot some campaigns, among `em:

- Tom Ford eyewear s/s 2006- first tom solo campaign
- YSL hommes s/s2007 with Vincent gallo
- Kris Van Assche f/w 2008

and some shoots for Vogue Paris, L.A. Times style mag, Fantastic man, Dazed & Confused etc....

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Ford eyewear s/s 2006

some p*rnstars by Jeff Burton

and some out-takes, i believe

bwgreyscale, men.style.com, flickr

Designer Kris Van Assche and photographer Jeff Burton collaborated on a series of 12 layouts which will run in 12 select, international magazines as a unique advertising campaign for Van Assche’s FW 08.09 men’s collection.

Photographed in Los Angeles in March 2008 in a Laundromat, the series started as an artistic collaboration for A Magazine.

A Magazine is a bi-annual Antwerp-based magazine. Each issue is edited by a guest curator who freely develops the content of the issue. Van Assche is the curator of issue No 7 (on newsstands in May 08). Previous curators include Yohji Yamamoto, Martin Margiela, Martine Sitbon, Haider Ackermann.

The location for the shoot, a Laundromat, was chosen based on the set design of Van Assche’s FW 08.09 runway show, for which vintage washing machines were placed alongside the catwalk.

Typical for Burton’s work, the casting consists of real people and p*rn actors. His photographs capture the idea of seduction and sensuality, without any crudeness. Kris Van Assche, a longtime admirer of Burton, especially appreciates the poetry Jeff Burton pulls from the world of p*rn*gr*phy : a place where it is hard to find.

Beginning with September issues, 12 layouts will run in 12 select international magazines. Each layout will thus be exclusive to the magazine. The full series can be seen on www.krisvanassche.com.

« I did not want to present a classic campaign », says Van Assche. « I wanted people to feel the excitement of this encounter between two creative people who truly appreciate and admire each other’s work. 12 different lay outs in only 12 magazines worldwide is a radically new way of looking at advertising. It is more of an artistic event

Kris Van Assche f/w 2008

p*rn actors & just guys from the street by Jeff Burton

krisvanassche.com

original images are published in A magazine # 7 curated by Kris and in mags i saw it in Purple fashion , Self service and maybe its avalable in indie mags mostly,

YSL Hommes s/s 2007

Vincent Gallo by Jeff Burton
art-direction by Stefano Pilati
shot at Gallo residence in L.A.

YSL, vincentsimonet

" Hollywood strip "
Vogue Paris june-july 2006
Maria Carla Boscono by Jeff Burton

scanned by evisu donna

"Mad Genius"

LA: The Los Angeles Times Magazine September 2008
Angela Lindvall by Jeff Burton

scanned by bun-bun

Jeff is one of my favorite photographers working right now. I think his work is astonishing and very different. He's coming to things with a whole different perspective and I love it.

The p*rnstars featured in the Tom Ford campaign / corresponding shots are Lanny Barbie and Luca.

Heatwave
Ph. Jeff Burton
Stylist: Anastasia Barbieri
Magazine: Vogue Hommes International S/S 07

Image Credit | Scanned by MMA

i like his works: if its almost p*rn- its just a cue- but its all understhood. its like seeing naked body through drapery.

Vogue Hommes international s/s 2009

Basic Instinct
Photographe: Jeff Burton
Realisation:Hannes Hetta

scanned by greyeyes

10ngiah.jpg

VOGUE.FR

images from Numero September 2009 shoot with Guinevere van Seenus

source vincentsimonet.com

Vogue Hommes International Spring/Summer 2010

edit: Tom Ford via ebook30.com

fashiongone rogue took it actually from tfs, and this kind of stuff for fashion magazine he done recently (not often, i must say) looking so awerage especially if to compare with his classic stuff (even in fashion)

He's just done the dead weather in Dazed and Confused aswell! Although I can't find photos online!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->