Jennifer Lopez says she deserves an Oscar

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Jennifer Lopez sat down with Latina magazine for an interview, and in addition to talking about her marriage and the state of fame, she talked about how she wanted and still wants an Oscar, which she felt had a shot for the little-seen movie "El Cantante" that she made with husband Marc Anthony.

Why El Cantante was Oscar Worthy: "I feel like I had that [Oscar worthy role] in El Cantante, but I don't even think the academy members saw it. I feel like it's their responsibility to do that, to see everything that's out there, everything that could be great." "Well, it is a little bit frustrating. It was funny; when the Oscars were on, I had just given birth on the 22nd, and the Oscars, I think, were a day or two later. I was sitting there with my twins--I couldn't have been happier--but I was like, 'How dope would it have been if I would've won the Oscar and been here in my hospital bed accepting the award?' 'Thank you so much! I just want to thank the academy!' But we joked about it. It's all good. Things will happen when they're supposed to happen. I have the utmost faith and no doubt that it will one day, when and if it's supposed to. You can't get all crazy twisted over it."

huffingtonpost via latina.com

It's a bit brash, but I am missing divas these days so I am not too upset about it. La Lopez's honesty is refreshing.

She wishes she had the acting skills for an Oscar.

Well, props to Jen for her eh... honesty?

I do think some people need to keep their egos in check, though. It's one thing to think highly of oneself, but to say it loud and then assert your own excellence as being a universal truth is really something else... :rolleyes:

If this is the moment where she's telling the world she really wants one - and that she's going to work really hard to get one - then I'm interested to see if it works out, because I like watching people achieve their ambitions (or if they don't, seeing where things went wrong, in case there's something to learn without having to take their fall). I'm not going to knock the attempt to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love her, but she definitely did not deserve an Oscar. El Cantante just wasn't that great.

Sit DOWN JLo

There was a time, in the early-ish part of the last decade, when Jennifer Lopez was as famous as one could be. But it’s 2010 now. And she can’t pass herself off as a singer anymore. And the promise of Out of Sight never really materialised. And since Selena it’s been one sh-tty movie after another. And it’s almost sad now. It’s like she’s grasping, she’s wearing her Louboutins and she’s grasping.

In a new interview with Latina Magazine, JLo is now grasping at an Oscar.

What?

Apparently the Academy did her wrong by overlooking her performance in El Cantante:

“I feel like I had that [Oscar worthy role] in El Cantante, but I don’t even think the academy members saw it. I feel like it’s their responsibility to do that, to see everything that’s out there, everything that could be great. Well, it is a little bit frustrating. It was funny; when the Oscars were on, I had just given birth on the 22nd, and the Oscars, I think, were a day or two later. I was sitting there with my twins—I couldn’t have been happier—but I was like, ‘How dope would it have been if I would’ve won the Oscar and been here in my hospital bed accepting the award?’ ‘Thank you so much! I just want to thank the academy!’ But we joked about it. It’s all good. Things will happen when they’re supposed to happen. I have the utmost faith and no doubt that it will one day, when and if it’s supposed to. You can’t get all crazy twisted over it.”

See now those are some Lindsay Lohan delusions right there.

Let’s look back, shall we?

El Cantante
would have been eligible in either 2006 or 2007, I can’t remember. To be thorough, we’ll examine the nominees for Oscar’s Leading Actress in both those years:

2006:
Penelope Cruz, Volver
Judi Dench, Notes on a Scandal
Helen Mirren, The Queen
Meryl Streep, The Devil Wears Prada
Kate Winslet, Little Children

Helen Mirren was the eventual winner, OBVIOUSLY. But you tell me, on that list, is there room for Jennifer Lopez’s ***? Please.

2007:
Cate Blanchett, Elizabeth The Golden Age
Julie Christie, Away From Her
Marion Cotillard, La Vie en Rose
Laura Linney, The Savages
Ellen Page, Juno

Marion Cotillard was the eventual winner, OBVIOUSLY. But you tell me, on that list, is there room for Jennifer Lopez’s ***? Please.

This is the vanity. How vain. To sit around, having seen none of the other films in contention – because you KNOW she has no clue – and contemplate the ludicrous possibility of a nomination.

Actors need a thick skin. And they need an embarrassing sort of confidence to mask their hideous insecurity but also to propel them forward. It’s a crapshoot. Very few of them make it. And they have to will themselves to believe in themselves in order to stick it out. This can build strength and character, sure. But it can also build a monster. Because for the few who do end up making it, what remains of that confidence turns into conceit, a gross exaggerated narcissism that provides the justification for the most appalling, most indulgent behaviours.

Jennifer Lopez’s new movie The Back Up Plan is due out this year. Not to be confused with Jennifer Aniston’s The Baster. You see one, you see both.

But how f-cking amazing that Mariah Carey gets an acting award before JLo?

Click here to read the rest of her interview with Latina.

laineygossip.com
edit: please dont include links as sources

Jennika thanks for the list of nominees for 2006 and 2007. Obviously J.LO is delusional. El Cantante was horrible! The only good thing about it was the chemistry between J.LO and Marc Anthony; but the acting was terrible. I mean, didn't the movie get boo'ed during a screening and she ended up crying? I guess that kinda ruined her ego.

JLo Thinks She Should Have An Oscar

The two of you out there who gave yourself a meth enema to stay awake while watching El Cantante in its entirety (I'm raising my guilty hand with you, Skeletor), know that a frozen burrito would've done a better job playing JLo's role of Puchi. Hell, Poochie the dog would've done a better job. But according to the master thespian herself, she thinks she should have an Oscar sitting right next to her Razzie Award on the shelf above her toilet.
jloisdelusionalasusual.jpg

JLo, who had to speak through her vagina because her head was so far up her a**, told Latina Magazine, "I feel like I had that [Oscar worthy role] in El Cantante, but I don’t even think the academy members saw it. I feel like it’s their responsibility to do that, to see everything that’s out there, everything that could be great. Well, it is a little bit frustrating. It was funny; when the Oscars were on, I had just given birth on the 22nd, and the Oscars, I think, were a day or two later. I was sitting there with my twins—I couldn’t have been happier—but I was like, ‘How dope would it have been if I would’ve won the Oscar and been here in my hospital bed accepting the award?’ ‘Thank you so much! I just want to thank the academy!’ But we joked about it. It’s all good. Things will happen when they’re supposed to happen. I have the utmost faith and no doubt that it will one day, when and if it’s supposed to. You can’t get all crazy twisted over it.”

It would've been dope alright. Every academy member would have had to be higher than Spaghetti Cat in a Barilla factory to even consider nominating JLo for that mess. You can't even watch ten seconds of that sh*t without swallowing a dope lab.

Oh, JLo, I hope you never ever peek out of your bubble of delusion to take a good whiff of reality. It's more entertaining this way.
dlisted.com

I just wiki-ed El Cantante. This is what it says:
The film received mainly negative reviews with many critics blaming the film's flaws on Jennifer Lopez.

^ :rofl: :lol:

Oh celebrities and their huge egos... I hope she never comes back down to reality or she will be greatly disappointed.

oh poor Jennifer,you just can't have everything can you? healthy twins,millions of dollars, a man who left his wife (who is a beauty queen!!!!) for you..aren't you happy enough? pathetic.Everyone knows she can't act,just like Madonna.

as the earlier article states, there is simply no room at the Oscars for Jennifer Lopez' ***

Well good luck to her in the Oscar hunt, but I'm afraid her last decent performance was in Out Of Sight and that was ages ago.:rolleyes:

She should really keep her toughts to herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->