Jeremy Scott for Longchamp

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
:blink: if you thought Jeremy was gone... well, here he goes again :rolleyes:

Jeremy Scott is the latest creative type to team up with Longchamp. The bag Scott will design for the French accessories firm is slated to be launched this fall, when Longchamp hopes to open a boutique in New York's SoHo district. British industrial designer Thomas Heatherwick, who also has created bags for Longchamp, has worked on the concept for the store, which Jean Cassegrain, the firm's managing director, said will be unlike any of Longchamp's 100 other units. And the collaborations don't stop there. Longchamp, who also asked graffiti artist Astre 74 to work on its fall collection, is in the early stages of a project with Paul White, the British graphic designer behind Me Company. Last year, Longchamp asked artist Tracey Emin to design a bag.
from wwd :flower:

oh no....the emin bags were alright, but I fear this will be complete trash

i thought the emin bags were complete trash...
but i don't love longchamps in general...

jeremy scott just refuses to go away...
it's rather impressive that he manages to keep going somehow...
even if i'm not a fan of his work...:ermm:

softgrey said:
it's rather impressive that he manages to keep going somehow...

i wonder how he does it really :D

I actually like the Emin bag (Thats the one EVERYONE has), I first liked it a while ago then when Nordstrom started carrying it, it exploded. I like it's clean simplicity and how you can order it in any color combonation possible. Another sign of the minimalism bend of fashion now.

Jeremy Scott, how do people think he has talent? I guess Longchamp is trying to find a Murakami or a Sprouse...

Diorling said:
I guess Longchamp is trying to find a Murakami or a Sprouse...

If that's the case they are barking up the wrong tree. However in all his collections, I've seen less than five bags he's designed so maybe he's got a marginally good idea in his head somewhere. Not sure I'm following my own logic here.

Just a guess but I say he will incorporate gold barbwire forming a "JS".

I like his accessories, there always cute and fun. It's funny to see such a luxury label pair up with a designer who mocks luxury.

seems like an unlikely pair. longchamp does nothing for me.

Diorling said:
I actually like the Emin bag (Thats the one EVERYONE has), I first liked it a while ago then when Nordstrom started carrying it, it exploded. I like it's clean simplicity and how you can order it in any color combonation possible. Another sign of the minimalism bend of fashion now.
are you sure, diorling?

Attachments

• longchamp.JPG
    longchamp.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 288
anna karina said:
are you sure, diorling?
Wait, is that the Emin bag? I thought we were talking about this one...

E0401937983988_v1_m56577569831054781.jpg

Diorling the 'emin bag' that anna posted is a special design by the artist Tracey Emin,it's not a classic longchamp bag.

Jeremy designed a nightclub called Happy Valley opening in new york in september

Mr Jeremy Scott is the only soul on earth who has the visionary to help Mme Donatella Versace's empire. Anyone agree?

I lovedlovedloved this collection. I didn't see the visuals posted here though:

Attachments

• 137948495_aca09146bb_o.gif
    137948495_aca09146bb_o.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 140
I guess it is kind of clever. But it'd be hard to wear if you don't have an eclectic style sense.

Nice to throw some colour & fun in... clap clap.

The market are plenty of bags, so who doesn't like it.. go with the bunch and acquire a mulberry or a paddigton or whatever ...very very overpriced pieces of leather thought.

Weird would be Elie Saab doing it - probably with gold lurex.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->