Jewelry Question

Discussion in 'More Accessories' started by AndiMAC, Nov 24, 2003.

1. AndiMAC

AndiMAC New Member

Ok, I am in a quandry and not quite sure what to do. I have two diamond bracelets that I never wear and want to sell. First, I know I must get them appraised. After that I am clueless as to where to go to make a sale. My ex fiance was in the jewelry business so I do know a little bit of the ins and outs and what scam artists alot of jewelers are. Anyone have any ideas as to what type of place I should try to sell so I can get the maximum amount? I dont want to end up giving them away. Im not really in a rush to sell but you know, the money would be nice to have for the holidays... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :flower:

2. TheSweetest

TheSweetest New Member

have you considered ebay or your local upscale pawn shop? they do great business during this season. perhaps a jewelry store will take it or give you info on stores that will. :unsure: i hope that was of some help

3. marrimoda

marrimoda doing it

I would suggest you visit an upscale consignment shop that will showcase it (with insurance coverage). Or a vintage-style store would be good place. I remember there was a vintage jewelry store in Washington D.C. that I used to visit (an example).