Jibberish Tatoo!

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Sloan, May 4, 2004.

1. Sloan

Sloan I love model_mom!

2. tealady

tealady New Member

Boy, this kid can't get anything right! :wacko:

3. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

Yeah, when I started reading that, she had gotten a tattoo inspired by the Kabballah, I was thinking, "But isn't it against Jewish religious law to mutilate your body?"

I have a couple of friends whose families are pretty orthodox and they won't let the daughters get their ears pierced, even.

What an ignorant twit.

4. Luna

Luna offline.

It doesn't surprise me.. She obviously not very bright.

5. BagGal

BagGal New Member

:wacko: :doh: that's too bad for her

6. banana

banana New Member

She really should do her research before getting a tattoo, and for heaven's sake: get it done by decent artist with a good reputation!

7. hollyslookingdry

hollyslookingdry New Member

Doesn't she have people who can tell her these things?

You know Brit, there's a lovely thing called the internet. And there are things called forums where you can ask about things you don't know!

Poor thing, she must be pretty embarrased.

8. Sephora_Socialite

Sephora_Socialite Fierce Flava

:unsure: I feel bad cuz its so hard to erase those tattoos, BUT

I cant help but laugh :lol: .....

If you are getting a tattoo in a language you don't understand at least be bright enough to ask someone who understands it... :rolleyes:

I wanted to get some symbols done one day, but at least I really know what they mean...and I'm sure its a proper translation by checking with several people another than a tattoo artist. :wacko:

Geessh...first smoking now tattoos with wrong meanings..shes really screwing her self over :innocent:

9. dramatique

dramatique New Member

My friend did that too. Poor dear, she had a tattoo done on her shoulder blade in chinese characters to mean luck in Chinese. Her mother gave her a talisman with the characters on it and she took it to a tattoo parlour and asked for that to be tattooed on her. When she got it done, she came to show me and it was to my dismay that I had to tell her that they got the character wrong. It was all just gibberish. Needless to say, she wasn't happy at all...

So looking at Britney in that point of veiw, I really feel sorry for her :ninja:

10. brian

brian New Member

My sentiments exactly :lol:

11. enrichi

enrichi New Member

One of my friends in high school had "INDEPENDANT" written across his back/shoulders in big bold gothic script.

...He showed one of our teachers and they pointed out the mistake.

12. Honey

Honey New Member

Straight from the article:

"So both singers should really realise that tattoos are forbidden under Jewish law."

:lol:

13. lucky star

lucky star New Member

How pitiful, she is supposedly getting the tattoo because Kabballah means soo much to her. Yet she doesn't even know enough about it to recognize the symbols or know someone who does. and wasn't she all about going to her Catholic church like 2 monthes ago. It really just seems that her 'meaningful' tattoo is just some meaningless attempt to follow a trend. :rolleyes:

14. Gretaaa

Gretaaa New Member

she deff. lost it lol

15. ahhGucci

ahhGucci Active Member

IIIIIIIIIIdiot!!

16. Sephora_Socialite

Sephora_Socialite Fierce Flava

She's doing it because Madonna did the whole Kabballah thing...sad, she has to copy Madge. Diff is madge is actually into it and Britney is being such a twit about it...

17. chippie27

chippie27 New Member

:flower: not to be an ass, but i found it amusing that in a thread about a typographical error (albeit a permanent one) "tattoo" is spelled "tatoo".... i agree that britney seems less than bright, but we all make mistakes. i make them all the time!! ;) it's just too bad for her that some are infinitely more public than others.

the issue of getting a tattoo as a symbol of a belief system that disallows tattoos is, however, another matter. :shock: but again, people are hypocritical about their religious beliefs all the time. this just happens to be a very visual manifestation of that.

being a performer, especially in this post-postmodern day and age, must really strip you of an intrinsic sense of identity. i think i can begin to understand why actors and pop stars feel the need to wear shirts with messages on them and draw on their bodies--maybe to remind them of who they are and what they think they stand for at that particular moment, even though they know they are just going to keep changing. it's all costume. the fiction of the self, or something.... but their whole job is to convince themselves, as well as us, that it's true, at least for a moment.

i guess i feel a little bad for brit.

okay, i'm over it.

:flower:

18. Luna

Luna offline.

Public AND Permanent. I used to defend her and her bad choices in clothes on these forums, but after her being such a tard and not having a mind of her own after "following" madonna.. I am wholeheartedly throwing the towel in for Britney.