Jil Sander by Raf Simons for Italian film "Io Sono L'amore"

gius

Reaction score
Jil Sander by Raf Simons for Italian film Io Sono L'amore

m9lwk8.jpg

yoox.com
The Recchi family lives according to the strict rules of the Milanese haute-bourgeoisie, until Emma-Tilda Swinton rebels against them by falling for another man, who is well outside the aristocratic conventions. The director and Oscar-winning actress have created a film in which style choices emphasize personal transformations. The wardrobe of Emma Recchi indicates a precise historical and social context, while the colors develop the plot giving way to passion.

Exclusive interview with Tilda Swinton and Luca Guadagnino
L: Luca Guadagnino
T: Tilda Swinton

What is the movie about?
L: I Am Love is about the endurable force of love. It is about how a family can change forever through the power of personal revolutionary choices.
T: It’s about family and inheritance. About the revolution of love. And about the inevitable triumph of nature - both human and otherwise.

Why choosing Tilda Swinton to represent the main character, Emma Recchi?
L: I did not choose her. We made the movie together.

What does fashion mean in this movie?
L: Fashion is a great inspiration and a fertile collaboration to me. To be able to make ideas spring out of this encounter between fashion and cinema is a total absolute privilege.
T: Substantially less than style does.

And how does fashion/wardrobe underline the character?
L: Fashion as pure creativity enables the character to be more unconventional and real.
T: Everything in a truly cinematic film underlines character. The frame, the art direction within it, the colors, the movement of the camera. Character is only a construct of all these elements brought together – one hopes, in harmony.

Why choosing Jil Sander designed by Raf Simons for Emma’s wardrobe?
L: I always loved Raf Simons’ work. I am in love with his artistry. That’s why.
T: Because the team at Jil Sander understood perfectly from the very outset that what we were looking for was an extremely subtle dialogue within the film with Emma’s wardrobe.

What does fashion mean to your professional and private life?
T : It means company, in a very practical way. I have the great blessing to have as my friends a number of inspired people, many of them artists, working in fashion. My collaborations with them is a very particular and joyful part of my work as a whole. I find, in their company, an energy and a kind of precision that is unique: something to do with the supremely personal aspect of fashion – how it calls up the spirit in all of us and dares us to be authentic.

very interesting ---
thanks gius for the thread...

will have to look for this film...

looks epic
hopefully the movie will still be showing in uk in mid april

I saw this yesterday :smile:

It was interesting - I think it's the first film I've seen where they credited the wardrobe in the opening credits! (It said Jil Sander and also Fendi)

And Tilda's wardrobe in it was fantastic.

I got this in my inbox last week from Jil Sander's newsletter. Can't wait to see this movie!
jilsander.jpg

Didn't know Tilda spoke Italian..

The dress looks a bit like this one, minus the pockets.
Cadmium red. from fall 2009

aot3t2.jpg

style.com|

Actually it's this dress, from the FW 08 collection, but done in red especially for the movie
00120m.jpg

style.com

All this looks fantastic so far, Tilda look amazing in that red dress :heart:

i cannot wait for this film. tilda,marisa berenson and waris ahluwalia. superb cast.

tilda swinton is a true jil sander woman. cold as stone but inpiring the soul through woordless communication. ditto looking forward to the release.

We're always so behind everything :( I'm definitely looking forward watching it in september!

Limited release in the US is set for June :(

I was hoping it be in May grosses fingers

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->