Jil Sander F/W 2018.19 Milan

This collection made me fall asleep....not only because everything looked like pillows or blankets, but also because it's just a complete bore.

I don't see a clear message or vision here. Just some unexpressive proposals which are badly styled.

Oh wow this is super out of touch. Who is this made for? Really baffling. Literally nothing here works. Those blue numbers should be burned and never shown again.

I guess those pillow-esque/tapestry looks are a nod to the S/S 1996 campaign ? Whatever It is - and this whole collection - makes me feel nothing but nostalgic about what this brand used to be. I think It's a real pity how the musical chair game ended at this house and the fact that since the last time Jil exited the house They weren't able to find someone who can design according to the ethos of the brand and what It stands for.

Oh my goodness, could this be the biggest waste of a fashion show ever? I literally could not remember the previous look once I went to the next. There's absolutely nothing noteworthy about this entire collection at all.

Before Raf Simons was at Jil Sander, Milan Vukmirovic was designing it and some of the stuff he did was not up to the Jil Sander DNA. I think brands live and die every now and then.

I get what they are trying to do but it’s not the right approach.
I think the problem is that when people are hearing minimalism, they are trying to hard to be «*intellectual*», «*abstract*» or «*daring*».

Why Raf worked so well? Because he was very pragmatic. His clothes worked because they were designed for an active woman/man in mind. It was commercial but in a great way...

As long as people sees commercial and pragmatic as a bad word, Jil will never work.
White is a tricky color to wear in winter and with all those pretentious volumes, it’s not inviting at all.

Luke has an urban oriented house and he should use it to his advantage. Simpler volumes, simple cut, strong separates and even of it’s too commercial, it will show an understanding of the brand.

Milan was too sexy and the one who came after RAF seemed to design for himself.

These two designers needs to remember to whom JS’s clothes were designed for. And it’s not for a woman lounging in her house. We have The Row for that.

Why is everything so big and frumpy? Jil Sander is a master tailor, the complete opposite of this collection. Im surprised that they haven't referenced that, it seems odd to me. What woman wants to be smothered and wrapped up in these clothes? The striped pieces look like curtains for goodness sakes! And that hideous transparent blue monstrosity is horrible. It's been two seasons and both have been lackluster and amateur. It's time to move on from these two and hire a real pro. Stefano Pilati where are you?

Their layering looks uncomfortably stuffy and suffocating, and they have demonstrated that in each of their collections. The end result looks frumpy and even a bit insane. All the styling elements are too obvious and desperate for attention. It's a pity they miss the mark so badly at this house. Even the pattern making, such as with those "twisted" sweaters, is not as sophisticated as Jil's when she did the same idea back in the day.

Raf was different from Jil in the end, but even some of his most daring proposals, such as the tribal/1920's collection, worked because he recognized the sensual side of Jil Sander. Sensuality is what this duo is missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
who's doing the styling anyway? that's by far the biggest problem here imo

Wow, the iconic Jil Sander brand is wasted here. What an irrelevant mess.

This in three words: THE WALKING DEAD.

The most boring live stream of my life.

I was already scared by the pre fall for both men and women and this is just worse. It's a pity because the first one was ok and the campaign was glorious.
Poor Mario, he's going to have a really hardwork to do with these non sense-complicated-boring clothes. There isn't anything exciting here. The whole thing looks so heavy, I can bet my *ss that they have been thinking a lot about the styling. And ironically, Jil Sander is about the opposite: Clean and relaxed and confident clothes with the right touch of sexiness and intellectualism.

WOW. I mean WOW. They really went and just did these blatant, poorly executed Comme Des Garcons knock offs. And then they tried to pass it off as Jil Sander! :lol:

They clearly have no clue. They couldn't even buy a clue if they had a million dollars to spend on one. They would miss the clue even if the clue's head was chopped off and put in their bed while they slept. That's how clueless they are.

And Sarah did NOT help with the styling.

This collection was straight out uncomfortable to look at. Boring and uninspired silhouettes, there's absolutely nothing innovative about any of the designs.

Stuffy and dull, anything too elaborate feels wrong for this brand and we're now at a point where this type of boiled wool contraptions has been done to death. It doesn't help that the tailoring is utterly unremarkable. I don't see them improving in the near future...

This in three words: THE WALKING DEAD.

The most boring live stream of my life.

I was already scared by the pre fall for both men and women and this is just worse. It's a pity because the first one was ok and the campaign was glorious.
Poor Mario, he's going to have a really hardwork to do with these non sense-complicated-boring clothes. There isn't anything exciting here. The whole thing looks so heavy, I can bet my *ss that they have been thinking a lot about the styling. And ironically, Jil Sander is about the opposite: Clean and relaxed and confident clothes with the right touch of sexiness and intellectualism.

Wow, couldn't agree more :flower::flower::flower::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjmiddleton
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->