Jil Sander F/W 2021.22 Paris

Just in case it were not clear enough how desperate the Meiers are to chase the Philo-ites on the loose, they seem to be adamant in relocating the presentation to Paris, which alone sounds to me like anathema (Jil's spirit has always resonated with a certain working woman Milanese vibe, it's never got anything to do with Paris).
This is not Jil, it's Meier's. I blessed Uniqlo every second I was watching this.

p.s.: and good luck with the Rosso crew now, guys.

Wow, they really come for the Philophiles money this season aren't they. It's just too "New York" for Jil Sander.

6a00e54ecca8b9883301a73df19b5e970d-pi.jpeg

I've found a picture from the moodboard.

theartgorgeous

This collection feels like a bunch of different designers such as Phoebe for Céline or Acne Studios, but it's quite soulless and cold I would say. It's surprising because, while being under the influence of other brands all the time, the Meiers had managed to create sensual pieces before. Here, there's no charm, it's like a filler

not everything‘s perfect but still there‘s a lot to love in there:heart:

They actually copied the coat from fall 2010 Celine...
I guess this time they went with it.

It’s actually disappointing because JS has interesting archives, prints or details. I can understand why Altuzarra copy Tom Ford, Celine, Ghesquiere...And in a way, I can understand why Proenza does the same.

But when you have an « heritage » brand, more than 3 decades worth of archives, why copy recent contemporary fashion?

It’s a mystery for me...

I admit I am a fan of the Meiers' Jil Sander. However, I agree with what perhydrol said. One of my main issues with this, besides the blatant Céline replicas (the copy of the Spring 2016 white satin dress with the lace trim was a bit shameless), is that it does not feel like a cohesive collection. There are a lot of nice pieces but this collection looks like 3 different collections overall. I wish they would have expanded on look 4 in particular.

Hello:heart:, I haven't posted in almost 10 years, but this Jil Sander business is forcing me to make a come back.
A few weeks ago I made a pdf to my boyfriend making a point by point case of every way the Meiers have copied Philo, and this new collection is no exception. Lovely to see people agreeing with this thought.

I like it for all the wrong reasons, no originality means no evolution and no respect payed to the house's creations, Jil's early 90s show could be fresh again if they dared to look back at that period but they prefer wasting their time xeroxing 5 year old Céline...

Another great weakness is the way in which we jump from theme to theme without something to bind everything together.

Goodbye Jil Sander! You dont mess with Renzo Rosso and expect us to still perceive you as fashion.
Every house that guy bought is trashed and ruined. “Only the brave” wear Celine

I like this because I miss Phoebe so much. It's almost like I want some Phoebe's Celine and this is the closest to that I can get. But I am not sure it's a good connect nor a strong business value for Jil Sander

Celine on sleeping pills. I actually liked their output in recent seasons. But this feels regressive. It’s also a bit out of touch. I feel the zeitgeist has moved on a bit from this look. As it should.

I think they embellish way too much with "quirky" accessories and shoes. They should look at Jil's shoes from the 90s. Her designs were always the directional shoes of the season, similar to how Prada was.

Getting tired of the overdone poses as well.

Looking forward to a different era at this brand again. Something sleeker and pure, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->