Jil Sander F/W 2021.22 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Mar 7, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

3. bc collector

bc collector Well-Known Member

Just in case it were not clear enough how desperate the Meiers are to chase the Philo-ites on the loose, they seem to be adamant in relocating the presentation to Paris, which alone sounds to me like anathema (Jil's spirit has always resonated with a certain working woman Milanese vibe, it's never got anything to do with Paris).
    This is not Jil, it's Meier's. I blessed Uniqlo every second I was watching this.

p.s.: and good luck with the Rosso crew now, guys.

4. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

Wow, they really come for the Philophiles money this season aren't they. It's just too "New York" for Jil Sander.

jeanclaude and SophiaVB like this.
  5. apple

apple Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I've found a picture from the moodboard.

theartgorgeous

SRank, TaylorBinque, GERGIN and 3 others like this.
  6. perhydrol

perhydrol Well-Known Member

This collection feels like a bunch of different designers such as Phoebe for Céline or Acne Studios, but it's quite soulless and cold I would say. It's surprising because, while being under the influence of other brands all the time, the Meiers had managed to create sensual pieces before. Here, there's no charm, it's like a filler

Overindulgence likes this.
  7. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

not everything‘s perfect but still there‘s a lot to love in there:heart:

8. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

They actually copied the coat from fall 2010 Celine...
    I guess this time they went with it.

It’s actually disappointing because JS has interesting archives, prints or details. I can understand why Altuzarra copy Tom Ford, Celine, Ghesquiere...And in a way, I can understand why Proenza does the same.

But when you have an « heritage » brand, more than 3 decades worth of archives, why copy recent contemporary fashion?

It’s a mystery for me...

9. JohannesL

JohannesL Well-Known Member

This collection is an insult to the real queen/brand of minimalism! With the best archive of minimalism in the world, they went for Phoebe Philo. Choice!

10. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

It is so Céline that I like it. That's all I can say...

Overindulgence, Lola701 and Nomar like this.
  11. Overindulgence

I admit I am a fan of the Meiers' Jil Sander. However, I agree with what perhydrol said. One of my main issues with this, besides the blatant Céline replicas (the copy of the Spring 2016 white satin dress with the lace trim was a bit shameless), is that it does not feel like a cohesive collection. There are a lot of nice pieces but this collection looks like 3 different collections overall. I wish they would have expanded on look 4 in particular.

Reggie63 and RedSmokeRise like this.
  12. urd

urd Active Member

Hello:heart:, I haven't posted in almost 10 years, but this Jil Sander business is forcing me to make a come back.
    A few weeks ago I made a pdf to my boyfriend making a point by point case of every way the Meiers have copied Philo, and this new collection is no exception. Lovely to see people agreeing with this thought.

vogue28 and Norden like this.
  13. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

I like it for all the wrong reasons, no originality means no evolution and no respect payed to the house's creations, Jil's early 90s show could be fresh again if they dared to look back at that period but they prefer wasting their time xeroxing 5 year old Céline...

Another great weakness is the way in which we jump from theme to theme without something to bind everything together.

jeanclaude likes this.
  14. 90sFan

90sFan Active Member

Goodbye Jil Sander! You dont mess with Renzo Rosso and expect us to still perceive you as fashion.
    Every house that guy bought is trashed and ruined. “Only the brave” wear Celine

jeanclaude likes this.
  15. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

I like this because I miss Phoebe so much. It's almost like I want some Phoebe's Celine and this is the closest to that I can get. But I am not sure it's a good connect nor a strong business value for Jil Sander

16. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

Bernard Arnault is probably kicking himself for allowing Phoebe Philo to float away. Her aesthetic is obviously still very much in style and sellable. Meanwhile, Celine by Hedi Silmane is collecting dust in TJ Maxx.

17. Norden

Norden Active Member

Celine on sleeping pills. I actually liked their output in recent seasons. But this feels regressive. It’s also a bit out of touch. I feel the zeitgeist has moved on a bit from this look. As it should.

RedSmokeRise and jeanclaude like this.
  18. fakeawake

fakeawake Well-Known Member

they need to stop trying w/ jil. she had that german minimalism which is her lifestyle/philosophy that's why nobody can do her look.

rip_ian curtis and RedSmokeRise like this.
  19. rip_ian curtis

rip_ian curtis Well-Known Member

I think they embellish way too much with "quirky" accessories and shoes. They should look at Jil's shoes from the 90s. Her designs were always the directional shoes of the season, similar to how Prada was.

Getting tired of the overdone poses as well.

Looking forward to a different era at this brand again. Something sleeker and pure, please.

Reggie63 likes this.
  20. krncandi

krncandi Member

A Philo collection designed by the Proenza Schouler boys