Jil Sander Resort 2019

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by marcBarna, May 23, 2018.

1. marcBarna

marcBarna Active Member

2. marcBarna

marcBarna Active Member

3. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

Love the darted coat (almost like a corset) in pic 11. I´d wish the rest of the collection had the same level.

And logos at Jil Sander??? Nope, big mistake! You are killing part of this brand DNA for the sake of easy money!

#3 jeanclaude, May 23, 2018
    Last edited by moderator obese: May 23, 2018
  4. IloveDiorHomme

IloveDiorHomme Well-Known Member

YAAAAAAAAWN

Utterly boring. Minimalism doesn't mean bore... But only a few designers master the art of turning it into desire and excitement.

This wannabe Céline collection doesn't excite me in any way.

5. tatouejeremie

tatouejeremie Active Member

please get a different stylist

6. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

They borrowed so deliberately from Y's and Celine, it's not even funny. While I wasn't a big fan of Rodolpho Paglialunga, I give him credit for at least having had a point of view that was his' - these two just remixed other people's work and served up a vision for Jil Sander that couldn't be more two-dimensional that it makes Christophe Lemaire's work for Uniqlo feel even more Jil Sander by heart than this.

7. rip_ian curtis

rip_ian curtis Active Member

Since Raf left, every designer at JS insists on offering heavy silhouettes in heavy fabrics. Why is that? I think they really miss the mark there.

Sure, boxyness was part of Jil's silhouette, but it was never executed in such unflattering manner, and she always made sure to balance something oversized by showing some skin and the body's natural curves. Also, her collections always had delicate pieces, such as silk dresses that emphasized pleating, darts or her Vionnet-like artful cutting.

She once said: "There is only one answer to the pressure to sell in the fashion industry: Excellent quality, bearing a personal signature." Her signature was the quiet inventions in cutting and shapes and colours, and the extremely high quality in fabrics and workmanship did the rest of the talking. She didn't really need much styling or additions.

I don't think the current designers with their overtly styled, logoed and complicated offerings really live up to that.

#7 rip_ian curtis, May 23, 2018
    Last edited by moderator harmonicbarbie: May 23, 2018
  8. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

Heavy and Frumpy, two things I would not associate with Jil Sander. Where's the tailoring? Where's the ease and lightness? This duo needs to get the boot asap.

#8 GivenchyHomme, May 23, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Jill69: May 23, 2018
  9. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I see a lot of good pieces in there but I wonder what is the purpose of this.
    Before going deep into the minimalism, they needs to remember who Jil was making clothes for: active people!
    I don’t understand this thing between Celine, Lemaire and The Row... Trying to be fashion like Celine, with a touch of nomade chic like Lemaire while still lounging in a empty apartment like The Row.

The Jil Sander woman and man are in the streets. And i’m sorry, the street is not Logo windbreakers and bags.

Unfortunately for JS the brand, the spirit of the designer is at Uniqlo and COS. And until they are ready to embrace that spirit and elevate it to a high fashion level....it will remain dry.

That’s why Raf succeeded. At one point it didn’t matter that he wasn’t doing 100% Jil because he understood the spirit of the house.

I like the animalier bag tho!