Jil Sander S/S 2019 Milan

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Sep 19, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. bc collector

bc collector Member

Apart from the collection itself (ok but somewhat generic, the Jil-factor has disappeared), there's another consideration to be made: wasn't this supposed to be a co-ed show? JW Anderson first, now Jil Sander. Could it be that designers have finally realized that co-ed show inevitably drown out the menswear half?

4. Pricciao

Pricciao Active Member

Menswear was already presented in July.
    It was quite a nice collection. Looks done with ease, feels comfy. The details still hold grips even the structure of most designs could've turned it flat. Easy on the eyes, and many possibilities to work with individual items I can imagine. pretty good.

5. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

so boring I fell asleep watching the livestream

Benn98 and jeanclaude like this.
  6. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

It's not bad on the surface, their best effort so far... but then you realize how deliberately they plucked bits and pieces from Yohji that you start to wonder how large their archive must be.

Benn98 likes this.
  7. guimon

guimon Well-Known Member

I see a bit of Celine and Balenciaga, but it's nice overall, imo.

Benn98 and LustforFashion like this.
  8. June

June Well-Known Member

I liked it a lot.

9. bc collector

bc collector Member

It was a static presentation, that took place during the menswear week in Paris. Hardly a way to highlight a staple of the menswear week in Milan.

10. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Active Member

I concur that this show had a generous amount of Yohji references: Those chunky sandals and vaporous trousers from his S/S 2004, those giant cuffs that are everywhere on his body of work and the boxy dresses at the end.

The knitted looks reminded me of Céline Resort 2015 and that one all black look with the long sleeves and those sock-boots was so Helmut Lang. This show would have beneffited from a more elaborate make-up/hair or even set design, this whole "I'm-so-rich-I-don't-even-have-to-wash-my-hair-minimalism" has already been done to death. I actually really liked this show, the giant-cuffed shirts with mini skirts are adorable, but I keep wishing the presentation had more polish.

Benn98 likes this.
  11. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Really rather dull,and forrgettable overall, but I must admit some pieces piqued my interest. The sheer socks and sandals (obviously!), and I like the rigid tunic combo with flowing mini. Great proportions, but not a defined enough statement to make.

YohjiAddict likes this.
  12. maxlinden

maxlinden Active Member

The only collection worth noting in Milan(thus far)
    I would wear everything!

13. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Active Member

That's exaclty it! The proportions are great on some looks but everything else is very grey and overwhelms what little good the collection had. More focus and less throwaway ideas would be my advice.

Just remembered that J.W. had a preference for that type of tunic/mini-skirt look. This ones actually look wearable...

14. lewak

lewak Active Member

I would wear a lot too. There's definitely a gap out there for Phoebe addicts!

15. ogepma

ogepma Member

Easily their best effort since they started. Lots of interesting pieces here however, the whole thing still feels very random and caretaker-ish.

16. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

Compared to the trainwreck that Milan has become this was definitely one of the best if not the best collections thus far. The other ones were oscillating between Eurotrash and others matronly late 80s rich bitch. Agree with Maxlinden this is the only collection which I found noteworthy in Milan thus far.

17. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Well at least the palette is nice. :sideways:

18. tatouejeremie

tatouejeremie Active Member

with better styling i think it could vastly improve the show.
    also the runway order is odd, why is the same shirt shown 3 times in the first 8 looks?
    it's not even that nice

19. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

Shut down the RTW Collection once and for all and pour all the resources into Jil Sander Navy. This is barely worth a lookbook let alone a show. What's so special about these pieces to demand such a high price tag? These designs can easily be incorporated into JS Navy. I don't mean that as an insult, they would sell much better for a significantly lower price point.

#19 GivenchyHomme, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Lola701 likes this.
  20. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Totally or simply change the positioning of the mainline and shut down the navy line.
    I think under Raf, the high fashion aspect kinda justified the prices but this not.

Jil Sander should be like Acne Studios in terms of price point.