Jil Sander S/S 2021 Milan

Yeah of all the old Celine copycats this one is way too literal. A step back for them...

Looks more NYFW for some reason. Their previous shows were better.
I think people give Philo too much credit. Her Celine was mostly based on 90s collections from various designers.

Indeed. It's painful to see these two designers thinking that a lazy Celine copy is what Jil Sander should look like today. As a follower rather than an opinion leader, the authority to ask for such high prices is not justified - Not when The Row is more desirable to their customer and when Jil Sander herself will soon roll out her collab with Uniqlo, so who cares really for Jil Sander, the fashion house in 2020?

This collection could not be more Celine than it already is but I'll take it. I like Phoebe Philo and I miss her but she does not want to give us some clothes -_-

Seriously, at this point, how many brands are doing the same exact thing?

My first thought when I saw this! Also, I don't think Philo herself would release such collections today. The fashion has changed, the taste has shifted. This is a copy – and an obsolete one no less.

My first thought when I saw this! Also, I don't think Philo herself would release such collections today. The fashion has changed, the taste has shifted. This is a copy – and an obsolete one no less.
It’s not even the fact that it’s obsolete...I think it’s still pretty much current. But I think today, there are so many options. For this type of clothes, I go to COS, Joseph and sometimes Zara.

I’m not spending JS prices (or The Row, or Victoria Beckham And others) for this. I still to this day buy archive Celine by Phoebe and it’s not even more expensive than all those brands that are copies.

This is maybe good from an aesthetic POV but from a customer POV, I don’t think this kind of fashion is what JS needs.

And I’m sure the Uniqlo X JS collection will be more in tune with what this brand should be about than a simplistic minimalism design project.

^ yet this Jil Sander sales are apparently better than when Raf was there. Just insane because Jil by RS was amazing.

^ yet this Jil Sander sales are apparently better than when Raf was there. Just insane because Jil by RS was amazing.
Raf is doomed but to his defense, minimalism is more mainstream now and the name JS has an authority in that lane. Add to that the fact that men are more into fashion nowadays. JS menswear today looks like clothes that men would actually wear. Raf’s menswear was great too but Pagliangula’s JS was too runway.

The testament to Raf’s JS is that it still looks fresh and modern today and not in a nostalgic way. I started to love his work with SS2008. I would wear it in a heartbeat today! Release the same clothes today, they will sell...This is Raf at his creative peak!

Raf is doomed but to his defense, minimalism is more mainstream now and the name JS has an authority in that lane. Add to that the fact that men are more into fashion nowadays. JS menswear today looks like clothes that men would actually wear. Raf’s menswear was great too but Pagliangula’s JS was too runway.

The testament to Raf’s JS is that it still looks fresh and modern today and not in a nostalgic way. I started to love his work with SS2008. I would wear it in a heartbeat today! Release the same clothes today, they will sell...This is Raf at his creative peak!

You're right. If his Jil Sander would be back on sale, I'd buy it. That's the only time I liked Raf Simons' work. Most of the time I find him very overrated.

The JS by the Meiers is really inoffensive. They need to do more than oversize and black and white imo. At least to give one or two looks some sparkles.

I’ve been continuously told that a guy called Patrick von Ommeslage did the dresses and that’s the only thing that sold while Raf Simons was there . I’m a huge fan of his Jil Sander , but looking at Dior/Calvin Klein /Prada and his own collection it’s difficult to believe that it’s te same designer

I’ve been continuously told that a guy called Patrick von Ommeslage did the dresses and that’s the only thing that sold while Raf Simons was there . I’m a huge fan of his Jil Sander , but looking at Dior/Calvin Klein /Prada and his own collection it’s difficult to believe that it’s te same designer
Is he still working with JWA?

In my opinion it's a decent collection that got completely killed by the style of photography. And it's quite alarming that the Philo influence is getting more and more visible at Jil Sander. They really have to figure it out because Bottega Veneta is literally doing Céline pieces (or direct copies) now so it would be quite pointless to get them from JS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->