Jil, Versace And Cn - F/W 2004

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by nqth, Jan 11, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. nqth

nqth arndom

2. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:woot: thanks a million for the link nqth and a very warm welcome to FS :heart: :flower:

3. metal-on-metal

Blah. Burberry was nice. Jil was alright. The rest. . . :sick:.

4. nqth

nqth arndom

Can't wait for Comme :) (1 week is way tooo long).

5. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

I'm so disappointed with Versace & Versus :yuk:

6. male mod squad

male mod squad New Member

I was real disappointed with Versace although the rock and roll vibe was cool from Versus....I love me a rock n roller!!! Burberry--boring--Jill Sander--yuk--boring---
    even the models..yuk--Westwood was at least better than the last 2....
    Just my 2 cents ;)

7. tott

tott slightly dizzy

OK, I don't really like the fannypack worn across the chest/over the shoulder... It's very Italian, but I say get a proper bag if you're going to wear a bag!

Here's Burberry's fannypack:

8. nqth

nqth arndom

I think that one should see Jil Sander collection in her come back context. What is new? what is the result of her 3year "out of the world" of fashion:) It's pity there are not many pictures. But I think I could see some differences

1. Cut is closer to the body:) Her boxy jackets are now with small shoulder, although still with the "crisp" material effect. Trousers are "thin". Knits are skinny. Even the coats are fitted.

2. Playfulness. Absolutely more details on seams. Double-side effect on coats. Biker style jacket - (am I wrong:) here?) - definitely new here in Jil Sander wardrobe.

3. Color - more earth tones, more beige less grey.

Sorry for my "non-insider's" terms :)

9. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

I actually really liked Jil Sander & Costume National B) :heart:

10. metal-on-metal

I don't know about Jil. She's been out of this world for 3 years and now she comes back and ostensibly, is offering the same things she was dishing out in 1998. Fashion, believe it or not, has really changed since then and I don't even know if there is room for basic minimalism these days.

Is Jil's spring stuff looking good in the stores? Is it selling already? I feel like the fashion consumer has moved on big time and is no longer interested in basic separates. I mean, her spring collection for women was nice, but in a more broader scope, it didn't really stand out, I think. I don't think this is a moment for charcoal grey boiled wool and muddy sweaters/skirts.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

11. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Yes, Armani doesn't do beige (not the actual colour beige so much as the beige mode of thinking) anymore and I think Jil needs to drop it as well...she has made a few concessions to decoration...

Helmut has a much nicer kind of beige-ness...

12. tott

tott slightly dizzy

I think there will always be a market for good basics, no matter what is trendy atm. It's basics she does really well, she's not necessarily strictly minimalistic. I like it.

13. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

BTW, who's him:

[​IMG]

14. nqth

nqth arndom

I think she came back because her clients want her :) and the brand needs a "soul quality", not big time stuffs, not trendy skirts, not total make over.

I think there are sth quietly poetic about her clothes today.

15. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I think Jil is actually moveing in the right way for fashion, i dount think fashion is about hardcore minimalism or over the top luxury, i think fashion seems to be moveing twords a more "pure" casual but poetic style. Thats my feelings at least.
    And i do think people still whant basics, actually think people whant basics now mroe than ever, just intresting basics. :flower:

But I definetly agree with you that it is nto a good moment for boild wool and mudy charcol grey :yuk:

Personaly I didnt really like Jil's mens show this season alot, but It was ok. I prefered s/s 04 men's alot mroe

Costume National is ok

Burberry was far to heavey and traditional, I prefer Burberry when they are doing modern looks.

I refuse to look and Versace or Versus unless soem body post pictures. :blush:

The shows seam alot heaveyer than the s/s collections, more drab coloures, i geuss this is a natural progression from s/s but it seems a bti off , no? :unsure: