Jimmy Choo S/S 2019 : Kaia Gerber by Steven Meisel

Jimmy Choo by Meisel? He's really like a cat, always landing on both feet!
It seems there's always someone willing to tighten their belt and commission him for a campaign.

But like Versace, this one shot does not hold a lot of promise. Looks like it could be a Karl Lagerfeld campaign. Very cold and commercial.

I’m not liking it either.

Poor Kaia got the wrong end of the photoshop tool

This doesn’t look like Meisel at all! Commercial and boring.

The shoe and the bag are so ugly, my God!
I cant believe that Meisel put his name on it. This images are doing NOTHING for me.

And how about this background? Soooo ugly.

The second shot is slightly better. But everything is ruined by the airbrushed stiffness.

I got excited when I read the title, but the images are really boring. This is too commercial. Looks like a Adidas ad. I was expecting glamour, classy, high heels.

Though Kaia looks stunning, in my opinion. Meisel always brings the best out off of her.

Meisel is like Newton now: Straight to the bank.
The campaign itself is a non-event (Meisel’s involvement here is the event) but the products are Super Tacky.

Kaia should always be shot by Meisel. Bland styling, layout, label aside, Gerber looks georgous.

I don't know why Jimmy Choo got rid of Klein and McDean. They were such a great fit for the brand. They've just recently started using Josh Olins as part of a redesign which looked very much like UK Harper's, and just as we got used to that we now have Meisel. They should remember that with each redesign you may actually gain (and lose!) a lot of impulse customers.

Too commercial. No impact and totally forgettable.

It doesn't work for me personally. Kaia is great she's a good model but the overall is too generic to be a good campaign. Especially the Choo hoodie whatsoever that doesn't fit with anything

wow this is bad.. looks like sebastian faena... not meisel

M/M Paris do the creative direction for this campaign and I am really disappointed too. Powerful team but nothing exciting in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->