Joan Smalls

Joan Smalls attends the Elie Saab Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2020 show as part of Paris Fashion Week on January 22, 2020 in Paris, France.
O0ty2z9.jpg

fkC81vr.jpg

zimbio​

Joan may not be the most popular model on this forum but congrats to her for an incredible decade in fashion. Truly one of the definitive models of the past 10 years and a true "supermodel" in every sense of the title. Well done!

Agree, she is one of the pre-Insta model I still check on. I started following her circa 2010/11 when she was always one of the two 'black' models on a show/campaign. She isnt the best print model but sure owns the runway and have this poise that makes ones a supermodel. I am glad she managed to not be buried by the younger and heavily Insta-injected models crowd. However I am still wondering why is her career lagging. I mean yes she has great designers/photographers/editors connections and had an Estee Lauder contract but other than that ?

Harper's Bazaar February 2020
Photography: Xavi Gordo at 8 Artist Management
Styled by: Ana Tovar
Hair: Laurie Zanoletti
Makeup: Naoko Scintu
Manicurist: Hanaé Goumri

fashioneditorials

Telegraph Luxury February 2020

Top models Joan Smalls wears ‘House Style’ working woman essentials chosen by fashion editor Ray Tetauira. Photographer Ward Ivan Rafik captures Joan for Telegraph Luxury cover story February 2020./ Hair by Rio Sreedharan; makeup by Naoko Scintu

anneofcarversville

Vogue Mexico April 2020 by Gorka Postigo

Joan Smalls lands multiple covers for Vogue Mexico’s April 2020 issue. Photographed by Gorka Postigo, she poses alongside Latin music stars Bad Bunny and J. Balvin. Heading to the studio, Joan shows off her moves in glamorous looks styled by Max Ortega. The Puerto Rican stunner models chic ensembles ranging from embellished dresses to luxe knitwear.

fashiongonerogue

Giambattista Valli Haute Couture F/W 2020.21 Paris presentation

Cast: Joan Smalls

Vogue

Dazed & Confused October 2012

Beauty and the Beats

Photographer: Sean & Seng
Set Designer: Robbie Doig
Stylist: Robbie Spencer
Hair: Syd Hayes
Makeup: Gemma Smith-Edhouse
Cast: Joan Smalls, Sam Riley