Joaquin the rapper?

luckynines

Reaction score
i cant believe there isnt a thread yet:P
Joaquin Phoenix: rapper

January 18, 2009 3:09 p.m. by Jim Allen
200x150_joaquin_phoenix-club-123230921072.jpg
Just as he's done with his acting career, Joaquin Phoenix seems bent on upending expectations now that he has apparently retired from acting to pursue his love of music. Determined not to follow in the footsteps of a million other screen stars from Keanu Reeves to Russell Crowe by fronting some fair-to-middling rock band, the ever-unpredictable Phoenix is set on pursuing a career in, um, hip-hop.

The whole thing first came to light when Casey "yeah, I'm his brother" Affleck made it known that he was shooting a documentary about his pal Phoenix, and would be capturing the ex-actor's first rap outing on film for the project. Was it true? No one could be quite sure. Things came quickly into focus Friday night, when the rapper manque, sporting shades and a Devendra Banhart beard, appeared onstage at a Las Vegas nightspot and performed three songs that were apparently from his forthcoming hip-hop debut album. Phoenix told People that he loves "the storytelling aspect of hip-hop," adding "Are there people out there who think it's a joke? I'm sure there will be....but I can't worry about that."

[Contact Music]

Posted in: JOAQUIN PHOENIX
http://www.prefixmag.com/news/joaquin-phoenix-rapper/25099/

i think Joaquin's story at this moment is something that comes from a plenty of stuff we're not allowed to speak about on tFS :wink:

^^^ :clap:That is legendary! how do you get through an interview saying less than 10 words:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol that Letterman interview was awesome!! I liked how he got a little mad when he said he's into hip-hop haha.

it's like when andy kaufman went on letterman,he did that exact same thing and after it was dispelled that it was just a mockery....a comedic bit. we all know joaquin hates interviews and hate the 'lifestyle' so it's possibly a reason for the antics. i loved it myself,it was genius.

There's too much comic timing in that interview for it to be anything other than a deliberate act, and a lot of the time he's having real trouble remaining deadpan, hiding behind all that facial hair.

I'd love to see him seriously shave off that scabrous beard, though.

What is this documentary that Casey Affleck is doing on him? Is this whole "act" related?

I saw him on Letterman and it was painful. i don't know if this is a joke or some kind of cry for help but given his brother River and what happened, i feel horrible watching Joaquin

I wonder if Letterman was in on it? Or if he was just taking the behavior as it came?

^i think it was quite clear david was a bit oblivious to the antic. david never looks that confused if it's a thought-up bit :lol:

btw,before we go off on the deep end,we all know joaquin is not a typical 'celeb'. he's very much the eccentric. and to me all of this seems like a real poke at the people that have been criticising his decision to leave hollywood. as if he saying,you want mad perhaps i will give you mad! it just seems like an extension of that ambivalence toward celeb-dom joaquin has always kind of expressed.

Scott- I'm not going off the deep end, and i hope you're right. But it seems just a little weird to be a joke,he seems to like his privacy and not the type to do these sort of stunts but if it is I dont get it.

Anybody else thinks maybe this is not just an "act"? I'm seriously worried for him. This looks like a desperate cry for help. I hope I'm wrong here, but it looks too real to be just an act.

I really really hope this is a stunt, he's always been one of the few normal is Crazyland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->