Joe McKenna - Stylist

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
how can there be no thread for joe...
he is a genius!!...and a major inspiration..:heart:

you are very right. everything he does is always so fresh and inspiring

this thread needs some pictures...:lol:...

^i had no idea there was a thread for him... as soon as I have free-time again, will post.
indeed, he's a genius!

stylistjoemckennary6.jpg

stylistjoemckenna1uu9.jpg

stylistjoemckenna3mj4.jpg

hfgl

vmagazine

Attachments

• v43inez_alphabL6.jpg
    v43inez_alphabL6.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 60
  • v43inez_alphabL8.jpg
    v43inez_alphabL8.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 48
  • v43inez_alphabL10.jpg
    v43inez_alphabL10.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 64
  • v43inez_alphabL42.jpg
    v43inez_alphabL42.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 60
wow...thanks mimiko...

incredible images...
his styling is always so original and always so cool...

such an inspiration....and also somewhat intimidating...:blush:
he's really in a special league that goes beyond fashion imo...

there is so much EMOTION....always some tension...

i just :heart: his work...

^ I agree. After Grace Coddington and Carine, he is possibly the greatest stylist working.

i wish he had his own magazine...
i would LOVE to work for him...

:wub:

He used to! The legendary Joe's Magazine from the mid-90's. It only printed two issues (one in '92, one in '98 I think) and they now cost anywhere from $150-300 per copy. But it was an incredible, beautiful magazine—even though he didn't do all the styling work.

The great stylist Joe McKenna deserves all my respect and admiration. I discovered Joe throughout the 80’s, when his outstanding editorial work was published in Per Lui, Lei, Vanity Fair … At this period he worked most of the time with photographer Bruce Weber.

He is unique, a genius, a truly original!

Today I want to share a picture of Joe done by Weber for Interview Dec 1985.:heart:

source: me

Attachments

• joe mckenna by bruce weber_bw.jpg
    joe mckenna by bruce weber_bw.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited by a moderator:
metal-on-metal said:
He used to! The legendary Joe's Magazine from the mid-90's. It only printed two issues (one in '92, one in '98 I think) and they now cost anywhere from $150-300 per copy. But it was an incredible, beautiful magazine—even though he didn't do all the styling work.
yes- i know...that is what made me say that...
but you know what i mean...
i wish he had continued that...or was a fashion director somewhere or something...

can you imagine working for him?...:heart:

metal-on-metal said:
this should have been an awesome magazine...

just found an article from 1998...
... A 190-page spectacular, it costs GBP 65. It has no title, no cover line, and very few words. It is purple. It is huge (16in x 11in). It is bound. It is glossy. No one is trying to sell you anything in Joe's magazine; nor are they trying to tell you anything. There are no lipstick tips and no boring "how to get your man" articles. Only the pictures matter and they are presented to the best possible effect that printing and technology can provide. It is a portable gallery...
:woot:
full text:
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4153/is_19981123/ai_n11881422

softgrey said:
yes- i know...that is what made me say that...
but you know what i mean...
i wish he had continued that...or was a fashion director somewhere or something...

can you imagine working for him?...:heart:

softgrey... could you explain me why you love his work so much? i like his work, i think he's very good too... but it's from a non-professional point of view... and i would like you to explain me... because "i know...you know... well you know what i mean"...:lol::lol:... i don't know what you mean...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->