Johan Bester RTW Fall 2003 (London)

xopher215

Reaction score
[ot:3ff64f3548]First may I say that the London shows have been superb. :D
8) I've enjoyed so many of them, so much.[/ot:3ff64f3548]
This collection by Johan Bester is another that I really like. Really the first this season to present a darker, more mysterious glamour, the setting's bluish and cold, almost "mossy" basement feel both contrasts and complements his clothes very effectively. Great pieces for either the vampress or the angel to choose from depending on her mood.

The ambiance do seems cold and the colors jump into your eye because of the contrast .. nice ... about the collection ... enjoyed particularly the materials .. not boring at all!

hmmm quite refreshing to my eyes (i do love pale colours for next winter) any info on the designer xopher ?
sounds like a newcomer to me no?
thanks for un-earthing this little jewel of collection for us :wink:

I absolutely adore this...the lighting style, sort of cold, bluish, morgue-like, is very beautiful and one of my favorites to see on screen, and now has been translated to the runway. I love the first coat, and the second to last--the navy blue one. Really very nice, although I have to say I'm afraid the "feel" the lighting captures wasn't totally carried through with the clothes. :oops:

:D Glad you liked.

Unfortunately, not too much info on him though :? . He showed off-schedule for the first time during the London Fall 2002 shows. Along with other first-timers Elena Fedossova, Katarzyna Szczotarska and Roksanda Ilincic, he excited Hillary Alexander enough to get mention as "one-to-watch" in her Telegraph Fashion Week wrap-up last February.

He showed off-schedule again both this Fall season and last Spring.
He's "represented" by Lee Lapthorne in London.

[ot:db7c65a82e]:mrgreen: Catherine - Yay! I wanted to say "morgue" too. :lol: [/ot:db7c65a82e]

[ot:9b2caddd8b]:mrgreen: Catherine - Yay! I wanted to say "morgue" too. :lol: [/ot:9b2caddd8b]

Oh, phew! :lol: I was a bit worried it was the wrong one to use. But it is the most appropriate, don't you think? :lol:

thanks for the info xopher :D[ot:4b7479bb51]
Hillary has a great eye for new talents don't you think? I'm a regular at the telegraph's style as well :wink: [/ot:4b7479bb51]

Oh, phew! :lol: I was a bit worried it was the wrong one to use. But it is the most appropriate, don't you think? :lol:
:lol: It's the bluish, cold hue... very Twin Peaks, very "morgue" indeed. :wink:

sean, I like your drawings and ideas very much. A helpful hint for you as a designer is to supplement your criticism, which is very valid of course, with something constructive. For instance, "I would have liked this if instead he had..." or "this one thing was OK but..."

It'll give your own creativity a boost, and you'll really be surprised how those "new" ideas will come back to you sometime later.

Regardless, I'm glad to know you're looking over the collections and especially when you offer your take on them. 8)

i would have liked this collection had he......used bolder colours and less table cloth fabrics, spent more time designing and making the clothes.

also....i would have liked it if he had spent his time making clothes that people are actually gonna buy rather than wasting 6 months and getting no income.

:wink: ... just like that :lol: . 8)

[ot:a57cc5df47]Lèna, I always appreciate her opinion for sure. I "bonded" with her when McQueen gave his last RTW collection for Givenchy :lol: . "Awestruck" is the best way to describe her reaction. [/ot:a57cc5df47]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

xopher, I was going to say "Twin Peaks" or even "Six Feet Under." Either way, I like it! :wink:

well, I could easily buy they fur lined tattered& padded coat, (first in the plate posted here sean)
it's all a matter of personal taste sean, it's a bit unpolite to make this kind of generalisations, hmm i bet you can see that right? :?

[ot:d2b8001661]
well, I could easily buy they fur lined tattered& padded coat, (first in the plate posted here sean)
it's all a matter of personal taste sean, it's a bit unpolite to make this kind of generalisations, hmm i bet you can see that right? :?

xopher asked me why i never post about collections so i told him.....its because i think london fashion week is gross, absolutely wasteful.
since the beginning of a/w2003 fashion week i havent yet seen a handful of collections which i've liked.
perhaps i am unpolite about these collections, if i were these designers i would be too embaressed to show these collections.[/ot:d2b8001661]

[ot:b6f2b06ea8]ok sean, as far as you can see my point :wink: [highlight=pink:b6f2b06ea8]what you do not like, others might adore (and vice versa)[/highlight:b6f2b06ea8][/ot:b6f2b06ea8]

i would have liked this collection had he......used bolder colours and less table cloth fabrics, spent more time designing and making the clothes.

also....i would have liked it if he had spent his time making clothes that people are actually gonna buy rather than wasting 6 months and getting no income.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"