John Casablancas calls Gisele "Monster of Selfishness"

Heroin_Chic

Reaction score
spacer.gif
HE'S BACK
spacer.gif

JOHN CASABLANCAS stands by his claim that Gisele Bundchen is a "monster of selfishness". The model man, who founded Elite Models 34 years ago before retiring to Brazil five years ago and being tempted back into the business by its new owner, Eddie Trump, in January, is clearly still angry with the model who he is credited with discovering when she was 14-years-old. "When I criticise Saint Gisele it is only to put things on the right perspective," he told the Brazilian paper O Globo. "She behaved badly with people who made everything for her. There are those people who are humble and keep that in mind, and others who pretend they were born superstars." Casablancas, who tore into the 24-year-old model when she defected from Elite to IMG in 2000, also once famously branded Heidi Klum a "German sausage". (March 29 2005, PM)

http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?stid=24683&date=&sid=

Last edited by a moderator:
she SEEMS like a nice girl. . . and he has slagged off a lot of other models, including heidi klum. and he sucks.

hahahahhahahaahahaha, german sausage. i've never heard that tidbit before.

So....is he saying she's a b*tch because she left his agency or is there an actual reason?

Spike413 said:
So....is he saying she's a b*tch because she left his agency or is there an actual reason?

I'd go with that she left his agency...He did the same thing to Naomi (although she is a "confirmed" b*tch)...

Is this Julian Casablancas's father? I read that his dad founded Elite.

He always seems to be bad mouthing models.....

'You may remember that J Casablancas gave a big party in Rio around New Years and it was reported at the time that he was about to return to NYC and manage the new Elite there
Maybe all this happened, but I doubt anyone noticed...

Anyway, JC talked to 'O Globo' in Brazil and he reportedly said - this is no joke, I swear - that the only fashion model right now that closely resembles the classic 'supermodel' - of the Gisele, Cindy C and Naomi C variety - is...Ana Beatriz Barros.

I am not sure whether this is good or bad for Ana - the last big call JC made was advising gorgeous Elsa Benitez to move to Next from Elite - she disappeared from the face of the earth since...

Maybe JC hopes Botox Wintour, Meisel and Co will get blown up in the next Bin Laden strike and things will go back to the way they were in the 90s - otherwise, I don't see how the 'Mary Poppins' crowd in NYC will have anything to do with sensual and attractive women...

The good thing is that JC is not bitter about Ana - who said some nasty things about JC's promises when she left Elite for IMG...

The same cannot be said for Gisele - last month, a Brazilian source reported that JC was thinking about making a 'fashion movie' - the plot would allegedly include a 'Gisele satire'
I guess that means a young Gis puffing on a joint (JC alleged Gis spent most of her time smoking weed once) and visiting a plastic surgeon...'

Heroin_Chic said:
spacer.gif
HE'S BACK
spacer.gif

JOHN CASABLANCAS stands by his claim that Gisele Bundchen is a "monster of selfishness". The model man, who founded Elite Models 34 years ago before retiring to Brazil five years ago and being tempted back into the business by its new owner, Eddie Trump, in January, is clearly still angry with the model who he is credited with discovering when she was 14-years-old. "When I criticise Saint Gisele it is only to put things on the right perspective," he told the Brazilian paper O Globo. "She behaved badly with people who made everything for her. There are those people who are humble and keep that in mind, and others who pretend they were born superstars." Casablancas, who tore into the 24-year-old model when she defected from Elite to IMG in 2000, also once famously branded Heidi Klum a "German sausage". (March 29 2005, PM)

http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?stid=24683&date=&sid=

Are you sure this article isn't from 5 years ago? This is pretty old news, no?

CelineChic said:

It's on the British Vogue's new section...the website that is

CelineChic said:

Just click the Link! It`s fresh!

Casablancas probably wanted back into the News and well, bitching about a Celeb seems to be the easiest way to do that...:innocent:

Acid said:
The good thing is that JC is not bitter about Ana - who said some nasty things about JC's promises when she left Elite for IMG...

What did she say?

I don`t know why but I`m totally obsessed with the Elite Stories...btw: how did Nathalie Bernier`s leaving affect the Men`s Board? Who is the new Agent of Shaun, Boyd etc?

Tinuviel said:
Is this Julian Casablancas's father? I read that his dad founded Elite.

yeah it's his dad.
Julian blames a lot of his bad habits on his dad..haha

This is probably only because she left Elite for IMG, but I would agree that Gisele probably isn't the best behaved model out there. Didn't she walk off a Helmut Lang runway show because they only asked her to model one outfit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->