John Galliano S/s 2005

I kinda didn't pay too much attention to this show during Paris week. It just kinda got lost in the fray. But I just watched the video on Galliano's site and reviewed the show at style.com. It's really quite nice. Very inventive and cute and pretty and sweet. Just what we need now. It's a million times better than the mess he threw out at Dior. The finale dress with the ombre sorbet colors :shock: :heart: ! I think he needs to stop with the Galliano Gazette print, though.

Originally posted by steeltoe@Oct 12 2004, 09:42 PM
Galliano really loves the Galliano gazette, but surprisingly, not much here. He must have finished the roll I was talking about on his men's show before. :brows:
:rofl:

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Nov 9 2004, 01:09 AM
I kinda didn't pay too much attention to this show during Paris week. It just kinda got lost in the fray. But I just watched the video on Galliano's site and reviewed the show at style.com. It's really quite nice. Very inventive and cute and pretty and sweet. Just what we need now. It's a million times better than the mess he threw out at Dior. The finale dress with the ombre sorbet colors :shock: :heart: ! I think he needs to stop with the Galliano Gazette print, though.
[snapback]424184[/snapback]​
I agree, I also think it was a good balance of reality and fantasy. Some of the pieces could very easily be worn on the street and there were Galliano's trademark over the top pieces that make a show exciting. I also think it was a really good move to have the models with very clean makeup and simple hair, again, it balanced the looks out. Overall a very smart direction for him to take.

My absolute favorite piece
00650f.jpg

I'm in :heart: with this dress!!!

what a awesome show...after going onto his site i've officially become a galliano convert. This was a great collection-music rocked and i loved the floral pieces and the balloons. I liked maria carla's outfit a lot...overall definately uplifting.

Spike413 said:
My absolute favorite piece
00650f.jpg

I'm in :heart: with this dress!!!
that's one of my favorite pieces from this collection as well... i think it would make a beautiful wedding dress :heart:

i have a question..what was that mo town song called that was intercut with smells like teen spirit?? i know i should know this

travolta said:
i have a question..what was that mo town song called that was intercut with smells like teen spirit?? i know i should know this

Freda Payne "Band of Gold," one of the best snap-out-of-a-breakup songs ever.

ahh i love looking at all peices, i swear itld be so fun to be able to wear them on runway (not to mention a bit of a challenge with some items)

I loved this show...a great runway video can be seen at johngalliano.com
It's not quite as theatrical as he recent mens shows, however still great.

Alejandro said:
Oi, this show is so funky :o

I want that lip shaped balloon :cry:

you hadn't seen the show before??

and you can order the balloon from stephen jones.. :winkiss:

dijkers said:
I loved this show...a great runway video can be seen at johngalliano.com
It's not quite as theatrical as he recent mens shows, however still great.

It's not up anymore. Does anyone know where I can download it?
I'm also looking for the soundttrack.

^ go to the catwalk videos thread in "designers and collections" and ask for it. A lot of people there, including me, have it. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->