John Galliano S/S 2006 Paris

In the interview with him at style.com he seems so passionate about showing different types of beauty so, you can tell he didnt at all mean to exploit anyone. Also the models all look so happy and proud to show off what they've got. John also talks in the interview about how people come to him with problems about clothes fitting them. He seems like he genuinly wants to help and its great that he does produce the bigger sizes and this show was a great way to promote his varied sizing. I also loved the way the clothes looked so great on everyone and everyone truly did look beautiful. The makeup was amazing and so were the clothes. Although the lack of models was kind of distracting. I had to view the show several times to be able to focus on the clothes. I think hes very creative!

Mutterlein said:
'

it's a shame that a fashion show has to make you "take a good look at their unusual beauty, and to remind ourselves the reality of their existence"

I am not a bleeding heart softie or a moralist for that matter. It's not a matter of being protective...I won't get into it.

I will say that watching the video did change my opinion and made me feel a lot better about it. I think Galliano's intentions were only for the best but also I think there were some problems with it. If someone wants to get into it they can pm me. But I do take back I what I said. I think it has less to do with Galliano and more with how such situations are general. I think the best way I know to say it is that...it's alot of patronizing. You have to be critical of such statments considering it is a fashion show. But I am very glad I saw the video and must agree with Zazie that things are for the better that this show happened (no I am not some grumpy old miser).

I'm proud to admit that I'm a bleeding heart softie, but my pet cause is poverty, not the handicapped.-_-

It is a shame that it takes a fashion show to highlight the existence of those who are physically different, but that is the fault of the media, and those who dictate the aesthetic terms to us. Thank you, Anna Wintour!B)

Those of us who respond positively to this show demonstrate that we are open and positive towards seeing more people who are different from the 14 yr olds from Vladivostock in the limelight.

wow. Im going to wait for the video- then say what i think. :P ....Honestly im really excited to see the video...

it s very John, it was a good idea to show that EVERYBODY, litterally, can dress up in high fashion whether it s little people or fat women.

It actually reminds me of Big Fish. Magical and humorous but still fascinating mix. It has this 'Tim Burton'-feel all over it.

I absolutely love it! It's an evidence that fashion isn't just for models and commercial 'beautiful people' I think Galliano wanted to show how beautiful variety can be.

Bravo!
:clap:

I hope Galliano makes costumes for a movie soon or better still direct! He's soo artistic.

To contradict myself entirely, i loved the show after watching the video. Oddly moving

Perhaps someone else said this. Dont Cry For Me Fashionista may be refering to Kate Moss, that's what I took from it. Wasn't Kate's first show Galliano? Also Kate did do the F/W 05 Dior campaign, so Kate and John may be close.

HauteFashion said:
To contradict myself entirely, i loved the show after watching the video. Oddly moving

Where did you find the video? I tried style.com, but it doesn't work for me..
:doh:

Happy Birthday Mi love...

Diorling said:
Perhaps someone else said this. Dont Cry For Me Fashionista may be refering to Kate Moss, that's what I took from it. Wasn't Kate's first show Galliano? Also Kate did do the F/W 05 Dior campaign, so Kate and John may be close.

I was thinking what does it mean,
Galliano always knows what he does and why...
I would love hear something from Galliano about Kate
they are a great couple!!!
I love them!!!!
And dont forget last Dior Show it chains that dress she wore...
:heart: OOOOooooOOOhh! I love Galliano, too much!!!!!! :boxer:

I found this on Ebay:
(notice that Galliano has hair in his chest!!!!)

Attachments

• 45_1.jpg
    45_1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 11
I just realized that I didn't notice the clothes..they are so tiny! was he on a budget or something?

I dont get them, are they like a mother and daughter, or what? I just dont understand whats odd about them, i must be totally missing something :blush:

Attachments

• r522292445.jpeg
    r522292445.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 12
For what it's worth, I liked a lot of the stuff in this show. I've always preferred Galliano over Dior by Galliano. He really is a master in cuts and drapes, and he's made some amazing stuff over the years.

zozette34 said:
I dont get them, are they like a mother and daughter, or what? I just dont understand whats odd about them, i must be totally missing something :blush:

They are twins.

zozette34 said:

I thought they were elfs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theseaswell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->