John Galliano S/S 2019 Paris

Early XX century children clothes with see-through fabrics; with a bit of the overexposed to death Galliano newspaper print...really, it´s a miracle this brand is still afloat with Bill Gaytten at the helm of it.

Love the menswear! This is maybe his best proposition for the menswear ever!
I love the return of the Gazette print with the Gavroche allure.

No comment on the womenswear...

Shut this brand down! Won't stop saying this until they do, and no amount of passable collections will sway me. At some stage Gaytten will run out of ideas, right? The director of this brand spoke about Gaytten adapting more couture elements and sensibility to the label, which is not entirely ill-fitting, but seems odd because I never got that appeal from JG's namesake label at all.

I like some of the women's looks despite it being beyond overplayed. It's actually the men's which I can't tolerate at all.

poor Bill. I would love to see them walking down the Balenciaga show set. It'll be more FUN :P

I love it. And I'm sure if they push it in Japan, it will be a massive hit. It clickes every sweetspot of mine. Cute, erotic, romantic, fake French vibe... Get my piggy banks, Debby!

Picnic at Hanging Rock seems to be having a revival of late. It's very twee and childish.

That underwear is too homely for so many sheer looks. :sick:

I like a lot of this and I've always been a fan of Gaytten's work. The sheer pieces are beautiful but still sexy and the menswear is great too.
I'm also just a sucker for romantic/classical-inspired reinterpretations.

my questions are alwas the same:

why
why not put this brand out of its misery
why is this still happening
who the hell even buys this, it wasn't even profitable when john was still at the helm?
I think they don’t want to give back the Galliano’s name

^^
They are just petty and if I remember well they had some licensing agreements.
I guess it only exist thanks to the licenses since their new president used to handle the licensing deals for Kenzo.

But LVMH is very loyal to Bill Gaytten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->