John Travolta's teenage son dies

christina126

Reaction score
Jett Travolta, the 16-year-old son of actor John Travolta and wife Kelly Preston, died Friday while on vacation with his family in the Bahamas.

Michael Ossi, a lawyer for the family, told Reuters that Jett suffered a seizure at his family's vacation home at the Old Bahama Bay Hotel on Grand Bahama Island. According to police spokeswoman Loretta Mackey, who spoke with the Associated Press, Jett hit his head in a bathtub Friday morning and was declared dead at Rand Memorial Hospital on Grand Bahama Island.

Jett is the only son of Travolta, 54, and Preston, 46. They also have a daughter, Ella Bleu, 8.

The death was first reported by TMZ.

In 2003 Preston told Montel Williams that when Jett was 2 he became "very, very ill, but it seemed like flu symptoms" before being diagnosed with Kawasaki disease. The condition, which usually affects children from ages 2 to 5, can cause inflammation of the arteries. Usually treatable, it can lead to lasting heart damage in rare cases.

Preston, who also said Jett suffered from asthma, blamed household cleaners, fertilizers and pesticides for sparking the condition and lobbied for more detailed labeling on chemical products. She credited a detoxification program based on the writings of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard with helping to improve Jett's health.

In November Jett joined his dad in Paris, where Travolta has been shooting From Paris with Love. In 1994 the actor told PEOPLE how much he loved fatherhood. "I can't imagine what life would be like without Jett," he said. "After he was born and cleaned up, I held him for hours while Kelly slept. When they came to take him away for various tests, I said, 'No, you can't see him today. You'll have to do it another day.' I went a little nutsy."

People

:shock: this is terrible, so sad.

strange case. i bet there will be lots of speculation.

very sad.

I can't believe this! They must be devastated.
RIP

This is so sad and terrible, what an awful way to start the new Year. My heart goes out to his family. RIP.

RIP!
i just recently lost 2 family members and feel for them

Jeez. such tragic news.. I feel so bad for Kelly and Travolta, their family always seemed so united (for Hollywood standards) and just happy traveling together.. I can't imagine the pain they must be in right now. RIP Jett. :(

I don't find this strange. Still tragic.

i wrote it, because there were numerous yet different storylines for the accident. and i wrote ironically that people like perez hilton would probably come up with stupid speculation and rumours. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->