John Varvatos Mens S/S 10 Milan

khyrk

Oh Yeah!
Reaction score
Letting go of vintage patinas and rock-star styling, John Varvatos showed a refreshingly modern collection. Mini-check and subtle glen plaid suits had this season’s all-important un-pressed look, while preserving the sharpness of the shoulder and the concave lines of the torso. Cardigans—some gauzy and elongated, others gutsy and militaristic—and sheer layers of jersey and mesh were key elements. Epaulets and metal suit closures injected some toughness. The trouser silhouettes need work, as a flared cut looked dated and a swingy, ankle grazer was simply unflattering. But otherwise Varvatos offered a concise and commercial urban wardrobe, dominated by shades of gray, with shots of yellow, red and cobalt.

wwd

brb for pics

I don't see what's the point of opening a thread without pictures! or saying you're gonna post them later. oh well here is the whole collection

rruzpz.jpg
2h5si1j.jpg
2cr9ait.jpg
2mfds1h.jpg
5npxzp.jpg
29mwyeh.jpg

menstyle.it

The horizontally striped blazer is cleverly done - I'd like to own it.

I like the high peak lapels on the suits, especially second from last post #5.
In post #6 is that a not-supposed-to-be-closed double-breasted suit jacket? That's good.

Very fresh. However, somehow I feel like many Varvatosians will be dissappointed in this collection. Maybe there will be a swing of demographic for this house.

I like it, as there are always great pieces in his collections, but something isn't clicking here for me. I don't know why, the formula isn't radically different, but it's missing something. I wish I could put my finger on it.

Regardless, I like the full length pants with the slight boot cut to them, and the knitwear looks good too (particularly that last open knit zip-up cardigan).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->