Johnny Depp's eldest daughter hospitalized in serious condition

Faith Akiyama

Staff member
Reaction score
From Dailyrecord.co.uk:

HOLLYWOOD star Johnny Depp's seven-year-old daughter Lily-Rose was seriously ill in hospital last night.

The devastated actor and his partner Vanessa Paradis, who also have a four-year-old son, John Jack, are keeping a round-the-clock vigil at Lily-Rose's bedside.

She was rushed to a hospital in Britain nine days ago after suddenly falling ill.

Details of her condition and exactly where she is being treated are being kept secret.

A hospital source said: "Lily is a very sick little girl and Johnny has hardly left her side. It is heartbreaking for him to see her in this state.

"She really is very poorly but he is a devoted dad and is spending as much time as he can with her."

Depp, 43, has been using a staff entrance to get into the hospital and arriving in a blacked-out car with minders.

But hospital staff immediately recognised him when he arrived.

The source said: "He has not asked for any special favours but just wants the best for his child, like any parent. It is such a difficult time for him but he is hanging in there for the sake of his daughter and the whole family is just praying that she gets better and is taking each day as it comes.

"It's been an emotional rollercoaster for all of them and he's been worrying himself silly. He wouldn't wish this on anyone and has been finding it hard keeping it together."

Depp, who has been shooting Sweeney Todd in Britain with Edward Scissorhands director Tim Burton, is a dedicated father who often talks about how his children have transformed his life.

"You can't plan the kind of deep love that results in children," he said.

"Fatherhood was not a conscious decision. It was part of the wonderful ride I was on. All the math finally worked.

"I just want to watch my kids grow up and make sure they're healthy and happy,

"They are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I have never in my life thought it was possible to feel such profound, deep love.

"Being a dad has given me great strength, great perspective, great calm. I'ma homebody. More than anything, I love being with my family."

Depp and French actress and singer Paradis, 34, have been together for nine years.

The publicist for Sweeney Todd and Depp's LA publicist, Robin Baum, declined to comment on Lily-Rose's illness.
:cry: I really hope she'll be okay...kids suddenly falling so ill is never a good sign :doh: But they seem like such a wonderful, cohesive family, so hopefully love and all kinds of support will get them through all this.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh no. I really hope she's okay. =[ poor Johnny, I hope that the family and everyone is okay and supportive.

Oh my God this is terrible. I hope she pulls through.

That poor little girl. I really hope that she'll be all right. :cry:

I hope she can fight the illness. It would be so sad if she would die.

Oh my God! I hope she'll be okay. I hope their family is alright too.

Sending some positive vibes their way :cry: :heart:

JOHNNY Depp's daughter is seriously ill in a UK hospital. The Mirror said Depp's seven-year-old daughter Lily-Rose was rushed to hospital nine days ago as Depp, 43, took part in filming in Britain. It said the Pirates Of The Caribbean star and his partner Vanessa Paradis were keeping a round-the-clock vigil. The Mirror said it knew what Lily-Rose's medical condition was and where she was being treated but was not revealing those details to protect the family's privacy. Depp and 34-year-old French singer Paradis have been together for nine years. Depp also has a four-year-old son, John Jack. - PA / Reuters

Poor Lily-Rose, this is terrible. I hope she will pull through okay, it would be such a terrible loss for their family if she didn't, she's so young!

I must be silly, but I can't get this out of my head, I find these news so sad. I hope they are exaggerated :cry:. If it is just something made up by tabloids, I think it is truly horrible for them to create such a thing... write what you want about celebrities, but don't mess with innocent children, that is cruel. I'm really upset about this, which is funny as I usually couldn't give a crap about celeb news, but I guess this is different case as there is a child in question. My cousin's daughter, who's three, was diagnosed with cancer last year and she almost died when they were treating her the first time as they gave the incorrect dose of the poison they use in the chemo treatment (sorry, I don't know the correct English word). It's still not sure if she will survive the cancer, and I guess this somehow brings her to my mind.

I hope this is not going to end up badly, I really do hope so :cry:. All my prayers to Lily-Rose.

Does anyone have more information about this? Or something to quiet my worries.

Has any reliable source confirmed this yet? All the places where this has already been have been tabloids... but I guess it is true.

As it's most probably a private ward of Great Ormond Street, it would be easy enough to find out if it's true...

^ Anyone want to go and check for me :wink: I hope there will be more -but this time positive- news soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->