Josephus Thimister Haute Couture S/S 10 Paris

Hmmmm quite disappointing. Is this really what he has been waiting so long to create and show??????

So gorgeous! :heart::woot: The majority of the jackets are a tad bit underdone, but the dresses are extremely delicate and feminine, but the highlight of the show, for me, would be the mesnwear. So well-constructed. :heart::heart:

thankyou for posting the video, Bengt.
really mindblowing collection with a strong, prominent message.

Last edited by a moderator:
i´m not sure if this is the way how haute couture fashion would look like... but the war theme and play with red colour as a blood is very impressive

The color scheme is spot on. The blood spatters could have been more artfully rendered (the crotch splotch is not good).
Also the editing was crucial. Showing men's Fall/Winter and women's spring summer was never going to be logical. Perhaps some of the soldiers might have lent the ladies their full length coats? Chic and chivalrous!

So who is this? I have never heard of him before :ninja:

I like what I see!

IN LOVE!
I love the bold red soooo much!
I don't see a single look I don't like.

This collection had enough personality and a unified theme that really permitted me to overlook the fact that there were wellies and jumpers on a couture runway. :P

I quite enjoyed this collection, I felt it had a statement unlike, say Dior (same old boring, tacky sh!t).

I'm really adoring a bunch of this. There isn't a bad look in here. Really like how he was able to combine the same sportswear aesthetic Philo used at Céline with the standard couture embellishment and whatnot. Also, that red shiny, leather-looking long skirt worn with the long drab coat is to die for. I could do without the red satin jackets, though.

I believe he's a Dutchman that worked at Balenciaga before ?

josephus is an antwerp trained dutch designer who formerly designed at the houses of genny and was fired from balenciaga prior to nicholas getting hired. he was actually fired from balenciaga because of the controversy of he having the electronic band add n to (x) performing at a show. and if anybody knows anything about them they're loud,noise-laden and a bit brash:P it was really at a time when the heads of balenciaga were rather snobbish,stuffy and conservative. anyway,in 1998 he launched his label 'thimister' HC and did two seasons before deciding to concentrate only on P-A-P. he had very successful,highly buzzed seasons between 99 and 2001 before taking what he deemed a much needed sabbatical following his a/w 2001 season. after some years away,he finally got back on the scene again taking over as creative director for patrick cox. that ended i believe in 2008.

but more than anything it was his work at his label that left a lasting impression.

you can actually see some of his earlier works on style.com,catwalking & firstview. as well as in the book Belgian Fashion Design.

BEAUTIFUL...
i'm loving this...
fashion with a message...
i miss when there was more of this...like in the 80's, etc
rather than just a bunch of skintight shiny dresses...

so glad he's back...
:heart:

*if only helmut would come back too!

I like it! This collection is fantastic! (Except the Hunter boots.. I think he can probably find some better boots for this runway show)
i think it's appropriate and in keeping with the world war I theme...
the rubber boots are for slogging through all the blood spilled...
:ninja:

and i doubt he is referencing Jesus in any way...
^_^

Some gorgeous clothing - I completely die for those mens white coats at the end.

agreed on all accounts,softie!

and on a more frivolous level i think wellies are pretty effin cool....at least the military/british sort.

Seems like he's getting a good reception, very happy about that, he deserves it. Not every look is a success to me, but I am definitely looking forward to next season. It's about time for some fresh ideas.

Ohhhhh i love men in haute couture... Im going to cry now. I must have that cargo jumpsuit!!!

Me too! I would give anything to have one of these cargo jumpsuits! I found the embroidered Tsarevich logo at the back to be beautiful!

In fact, I love these jumpsuits so much that I decided to create a poll online in the hope that Thimister will produce them when he sees that there is genuine interest for them too, and not only for the collection, which of course is supremely poetic, as if conceived in a dream...

Please, help me make these jumpsuits happen by taking my jumpsuit online survey here:

http://www.vizu.com/poll-vote.html?n=197650

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->