Joshua Jordan - Photographer

Astrid21

Reaction score
Originally from New Orleans, Joshua Jordan relocated to New York after receiving a degree in architecture from the University of Texas. He was introduced to the fashion industry while working as a stylist, but Joshua Jordan soon made the transition to photography in order to exercise full control of the realization of his vision. Joshua Jordan's photographs combine glamour with a downtown edge, a look that led to the success of his first jobs shooting the photographs for Dee-Lite's second album and editorial for Interview.

Joshua Jordan has since shot for Harper's Bazaar, Vogue, Vanity Fair, L'Officiel, Vanidad, Surface, Trace, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Spur, and SPIN, as well as the Todd Oldham Jeans campaign and advertising for Donna Karan, Kenneth Cole, Darryl K, Bloomingdale's and Dani Max. He has also photographed many celebrities including Diana Ross, Jay Kay of Jamiroquai, Liv Tyler, D'Angelo, Farrah Fawcett, Todd Oldham, Isaac Mizrahi, John Bartlett, Tim Robbins, Linda Fiorentino, and Julia Roberts.

Joshua Jordan is currently based in New York.

I love his work for Surface. Albeit it's a little "done" and polished, but I think he translates his message well to the premise of the magazine.

Below are a few Surface covers.

One of my favorite Joshua Jordan editorials, The Artist's Workshop.

He is very good, I like tehs urface look, but soem times I thinka ll tehre issues look the same.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Jul 28th, 2003 - 11:33 pm
He is very good, I like tehs urface look, but soem times I thinka ll tehre issues look the same.
I agree, SpaceMiu. :wink: But isn't nice sometimes to know what to expect? I think so at least. :flower:

i like it all very much, a bit repetive, yes but still a nice overall look.
it is polished and a bit mainstream , like mentioned is the first cover maja latinovic? i like natalia w. the violet ends :wink:

i really like most of his surface covers but i'm not sure about his editorial work.. a bit stuffy to me :ninja:

thanks for the intro astrid, even though i've seen his work, i did not know anything about him :flower:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Jul 29th, 2003 - 12:58 am
it is polished and a bit mainstream , like mentioned is the first cover maja latinovic? i like natalia w. the violet ends :wink:
:heart:

yes, that is Maja! and the model with purple ends is actually called Nadine Stritmatter...oh she DOES look much like Natalia there, i see it! :smile:

I LOVE that Nadine cover! She looks awesome! I love all the Surface covers, really. :heart:

Originally posted by Kelsey+Jul 28th, 2003 - 11:56 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kelsey @ Jul 28th, 2003 - 11:56 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-LolitaLuxe@Jul 29th, 2003 - 12:58 am
:heart:

yes, that is Maja! and the model with purple ends is actually called Nadine Stritmatter...oh she DOES look much like Natalia there, i see it! :smile: [/b][/quote]
:o thanks kelsey :blush:

I've recently discovered his work, which I think is amazing...
He's got a very simple look, but at the same time, the photographs always have this interest level for me. Perhaps a sense of a story behind the images.
Here are pictures from his website. :flower:

i do quite like this, it's glossy but in a nice way.
somehow "mood-lightening"^_^

purplelucrezia said:
The two photographs which originally interested me in his work.

These are my favorite of him so far... Definitely different and gorgeous... I like the covers but they kind of blend after seeing them. And I wonder if he did what to me is the most memorable Surface cover to date... (I will find and post here later..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yaseminnnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->