Jovovich-Hawk

julieanne

Reaction score
I don't know if there's been a post about this or not, but Milla Jovovich and Carmen Hawk launched their own clothing line. It's mostly vintage-inspired. Anyone seen pieces from the line? What do you think? I like it, but it's pretty $$$$ for what you're getting.

There's more pics of the clothing in the September issue of Lucky Magazine.

Here's some pics as well:

Jovovich Hawk

I'm just not into it. Everything looks so destroyed and the colors look kind of grody, like a bunch of old laundry that was never separated by lights, darks, bright, red, etcetera.

I really like it .. you can see a LOT of pics of Kirsten Dunst wearing Jovovich-Hawk!
Go Milla!

hawk5.jpg

Milla has and always has had excellent taste and insane beauty, plus she's a multi-talented artist: singer-songwriter, actress, model, fashionista, etc. People like this are my favorite, and I'm always amused and slightly horrified by the jealous fits routinely happening in their wake... "who does she think she is?"

thanks julianne....this one clompletely got by me...how did that happen?!?!...lol...

thx for all the info and pics...

ps...can't believe they got paolo to shoot their stuff...i think the second outfit is very very good... :heart:

thanks julianne....this one clompletely got by me...how did that happen?!?!...lol...

thx for all the info and pics...

ps...can't believe they got paolo to shoot their stuff...i think the second outfit is very very good... :heart:

I actually really really like the stuff. What are the prices like? The dress kirsten is wearing is cute, so is the second outfit and that one shirt.

John Malcovich also has his clothing line, Mrs.Mudd.

The Jollavich styling seems a bit uninspired.

Originally posted by mehg@Aug 10 2004, 01:16 AM
I actually really really like the stuff. What are the prices like? The dress kirsten is wearing is cute, so is the second outfit and that one shirt.
[snapback]326781[/snapback]​
in Lucky magazine, the average price for a top is around $700, and for a dress, $900.

I really like the idea and the overall style, but you can find a lot of similar pieces at thrift or vintage shops for much cheaper!

Oh, and you're welcome softgrey! :flower: You should def. check out the Sept. issue of Lucky. I can't seem to find any other pics of her collection elsewhere.

Originally posted by Incroyable@Aug 10 2004, 12:17 AM
John Malcovich also has his clothing line, Mrs.Mudd.
[snapback]326782[/snapback]​

yea, it was the blandest clothes i've ever seen.

And these dresses, how are they different than $200 Diane von Furstenberg (sp?)?

The clothes are alright. I agree with Faust, I'd go with Diane before this stuff. They are going to have to do better I think. It's just not very good. Especially 900 for a dress!

why are the prices of everything so damn high?!?!?!?....

i'm am so sick of these ludicrous prices...

does anyone know jane mayle...another model turned designer...her shop is on elizabeth st and she sells at barneys...her stuff looks exactly like this...basifcally very feminine and retro...looks like vintage ...
i saw a skirt this weekend... it was $700...!!!...it was just an a-line navy skirt...!!!...sure it was cahsmere...but that just means it will pill and wear out faster...

i'll pass thank you....i say we go on strike until designers bring the prices back down to a reasonable level...rtw is beginning to cost almost as much as couture used to...
ok-i'lll stop now...

give me a break...

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 10 2004, 10:06 AM

does anyone know jane mayle...another model turned designer...her shop is on elizabeth st and she sells at barneys...her stuff looks exactly like this...basifcally very feminine and retro...looks like vintage ...
i saw a skirt this weekend... it was $700...!!!...it was just an a-line navy skirt...!!!...sure it was cahsmere...but that just means it will pill and wear out faster...

i'll pass thank you....i say we go on strike until designers bring the prices back down to a reasonable level...rtw is beginning to cost almost as much as couture used to...
ok-i'lll stop now...

give me a break...
[snapback]327050[/snapback]​

Yes, I like some of the stuff, but I always frowned at it being sold at Co-op, because those are definitely NOT Co-op prices.

P.S. I've been on strike forever, I mostly buy on sale :lol:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 10 2004, 10:06 AM

ok-i'lll stop now...

give me a break...
[snapback]327050[/snapback]​

I agree that RTW prices have gone through the roof. It's ridiculous and most of the items are just not worth it. Like faust, I have also gone on strike and only buy items that are deeply discounted. If shops can sell items for 70% off and still make a profit you just know that they could have sold the item for a lower price in the first place. :innocent: :ninja:

Yuck. Don't dig the collection... looks more gawdy than vintage-inspired, IMO.

I like it, but it's so not worth that price. Unless of course, Milla herself is stitching it by hand. :wink:
Yes, prices have gotten completely out of hand. I know it's the same old story of "I could make that", but the things I make for myself have better overall construction than most of the things out there. And the Euro can't be effecting it that much.

Stylegrrl-because things are so high, they aren't selling. The only way to clear inventory is to sell it at 70% off. Retailers rarely make profits when it's that low, the customer just gets the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->