Jovovich-Hawk

Some of it is pretty, but some of it is so unflattering with weird pieces hanging off (examples: the stuff KD wears). I loved the pictures in Lucky, but this stuff is WAY WAY WAY overpriced.

Milla Jovovich is immensely talented. For one,she's by far a better actress than any model that's ever gone that route. She was brilliant in "Resident Evil".

Besides that,If one has ever listened to her,the girl has the utmost respect for clothes and has a great style herself. What I enjoy about the approach in alot of this is her sense of respect and love of how clothes become naturally imperfect yet nontheless beautiful if decomposed. And craft also seems be on the fore with some of the kooky detailings--it almost has that homemade feel to it that I love.

Originally posted by Scott@Aug 10 2004, 06:26 PM
--it almost has that homemade feel to it that I love.
[snapback]327624[/snapback]​

that's the problem it looks homemade for $900....!!!!....how pretentious is that?!?!?!?>>>> :angry: ...and of course it all looks good on her...she would look good in a sack...

but i will say that... having worked with her...i think she is amazing...i've rarely seen anyone 'light up' in front of the camera the way she does...she's a real pro...but she's been doing it since she was 14 or 15 so what can you expect...i really don't think it's possible to take a bad picture of her.. :P

Originally posted by stylegurrl@Aug 10 2004, 10:32 AM
If shops can sell items for 70% off and still make a profit you just know that they could have sold the item for a lower price in the first place. :innocent: :ninja:
[snapback]327077[/snapback]​
what chris says is absolutely true...no one is making a profit at 70% reduction...that's a loss...
not good at all... :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 10 2004, 06:48 PM
that's the problem it looks homemade for $900....!!!!....how pretentious is that?!?!?!?>>>> :angry: ...and of course it all looks good on her...she would look good in a sack...

but i will say that... having worked with her...i think she is amazing...i've rarely seen anyone 'light up' in front of the camera the way she does...she's a real pro...but she's been doing it since she was 14 or 15 so what can you expect...i really don't think it's possible to take a bad picture of her.. :P
[snapback]327643[/snapback]​

I think she started when she was like 13 :blink:
There is this interview where she mentions how she used to bring her dolls for her first shoots :shock:
Oh ... and I agree ... I expected it to be a bit pricey... but not that much. Those prices are sick!

the prices are a bit astronimcal,I agree Maybe a couple hundered less then it might be logical. Reminds me a bit of that Project Alabama for which their t'shirts are scandalously priced in the thousands range. Just for some stiched pathwork. I can't imagine anybody paying that much for my bits of one-offs.

And if I'm not mistaken,btw,I think I did hear or read somewhere precisely when the line was launched that she and her partner are doing everything themselves. Which is admirable considering so many celebs etc. with lines are not.

well...i think she genuinely loves fashion...it's not just a way to make money for her...i think she really cares about and enjoys doing this...but those prices are a problem...

Absolutely. I hope she realizes that and does well because she seems like she does have her soul in this.

Who is Carmen Hawk, outside of being the other half of Jovovich-Hawk?

good question...?...anyone know the answer?...

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 11 2004, 05:25 AM
well...i think she genuinely loves fashion...it's not just a way to make money for her...i think she really cares about and enjoys doing this...but those prices are a problem...
[snapback]327962[/snapback]​
If she's in it for the fashion, then this Hawk one must have an eagle eye on the money.

I have the Sept issue of Lucky and I will have to admit that I really liked how the cover and the layout was styled. I will have to agree with everyone that the prices are astronomical. Those were the same thoughts that were going through my head as I was looking at it. Here is the cover. The actual skirt that you can see inside the magazine is really nice.
:heart:

cover_lucky_190.jpg

ps I have her divine comedy "tape" that i got in high school :blush: heehee

i think carmen is her best friend and a model also or something..isnt that what the lucky article said?

thx punkie and smashin...

i really didn't want to buy that magazine...maybe i'll pick it up in the airport...

Originally posted by punkie@Aug 11 2004, 08:59 PM
ps I have her divine comedy "tape" that i got in high school :blush: heehee
[snapback]328914[/snapback]​
I have the "Divine comedy" CD. :o :P

Some of it is quite nice, but it's definitely not worth the price.

Originally posted by ultramarine@Aug 12 2004, 02:44 AM
I have the "Divine comedy" CD. :o :P
[snapback]329195[/snapback]​

I love it! :heart: It is suprisingly good... :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 12 2004, 12:34 AM
thx punkie and smashin...

i really didn't want to buy that magazine...maybe i'll pick it up in the airport...
[snapback]329098[/snapback]​

I suggest the current issue of Black Book instead. I just leafed through it this morning, very cool. Airport :woot: ? I love airports.

softgrey Aug 10 2004, 11:06 AM
Post #16

bring on the revolution

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,224

why are the prices of everything so damn high?!?!?!?....
i'm am so sick of these ludicrous prices...
does anyone know jane mayle...another model turned designer...her shop is on elizabeth st and she sells at barneys...her stuff looks exactly like this...basifcally very feminine and retro...looks like vintage ...
i saw a skirt this weekend... it was $700...!!!...it was just an a-line navy skirt...!!!...sure it was cahsmere...but that just means it will pill and wear out faster...
i'll pass thank you....i say we go on strike until designers bring the prices back down to a reasonable level...rtw is beginning to cost almost as much as couture used to...
ok-i'lll stop now...
give me a break...

Okay- Despite tinking that Milla J is a very talented girl, I do agree that the prices are just plain silly. But anything over $50.00 seems silly to me, because I mostly just buy thrift stire stuff and fix it up. Maybe if Icould afford to pay $300.00 for a blouse, I would. But for now I prefer to eat.

I still don't get who this Hawk person is???

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dl80231
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->