Jovovich-Hawk

they're planning on opening an appointment-only store in nyc (from vogue.co.uk:(

FOLLOWING the success of her fashion line Jovovich-Hawk, Milla Jovovich is set to open a clothing boutique in New York later this year. Speaking to Fashion Week Daily in Paris, the some-time actress revealed she's been working hard on her autumn/winter collection and can't wait to open her own store. "It'll be in Greenwich Village and be by appointment only," commented Milla. "It's called the Jovovich-Hawk boutique." However, being a successful designer doesn't mean she's giving up the day job. "I'm starting a film called .45 in about a month and it's the first of three independent projects slated for this year for me," Mia tells fans via her official website. "I love working on smaller films, because people take bigger risks with the script material and characters, so it's really easy to get immersed in a totally different world from the one you're actually living in." And .45 certainly inhabits a different world to the one she's used to living in: set in New York's Hell's Kitchen during the Seventies, the film centres around a married couple, who, after living a Bonnie and Clyde-esque existence together eventually turn on each other. Directed by Gary Lennon, the film should be in cinemas by the end of the year. (March 17 2005, AM)

no offense, but the whole fashion world wouldnt exist if the maximum price designers could sell is 50$.

that would about 22$ is what the designer is actually selling it to the retailer.
wich would mean the fabric, buttons, etc would have to cost about 5$ and the sewing about 6-7$.

im telling you, you cant sew much for 6-7$....even though 5$ worth of material doesn't deserve much more work...:P

Trift stores are thrift stores. Designer wear that takes time (lots and lots and lots of time to make) is another story. I agree there are good and bad designers in the sense some are overpriced because they invest so much into publicity and image.

more info from wwd.com...
apparently carmen hawk is also an ex-model...Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Milla Jovovich and Carmen Hawk
Photo by Dominique Maitre

While much of their first collection was made with found vintage fabrics, the designers are now striving to incorporate more readily available materials into the line. “We’ll still use vintage,” says Hawk, over a midday coffee break. “We just want to grow the line and to do that, we need to mix in more basics.”
In fact, it’s Jovovich who champions the basics, which for spring 2006 will feature more cottons done up in “different ways,” says Hawk. “We’re going forward with a washed, soft look for the season, which we’re in the process of developing.” That said, she retains a soft spot for “tacky” fabrics, explaining,* “I love to make something gross look amazing.”
For her part, Jovovich maintains that much of her inspiration is instinctual. “I do not have a fashion background, so for me it’s more about the books I read, paintings I see and things I soak in,” she says. “I’m constantly sketching.”
Friends for 10 years, Hawk says she and Jovovich started the line because they were “two girls who wanted certain things in our wardrobe. We couldn’t find them, so we created them. The line is not so conceptual, it’s not precious. It’s really filled with classic looks that have a touch of irony.”

When it comes to inspirations, Hawk is quick to mention actress Barbara Stanwyck (“so feminine, yet extremely strong”) and the film character Annie Hall (“she realized you don’t have to dress sexy to be sexy”). Meanwhile, Jovovich has a penchant for old Hollywood, choosing Marilyn Monroe as her style icon: “It’s all about the boobs and butt.”
Designer favorites, meanwhile, include Sonia Rykiel and Dries Van Noten for Hawk, and Chloé, Donna Karan and Prada for Jovovich. In fact, she says, “Miuccia Prada first encouraged me to move forward with a clothing line and even had some of my sketches made into samples.”
Hawk and Jovovich plan to open a New York showroom in November and add about eight stores to their roster by January 2006. (Currently, the line is exclusive to Fred Segal.) But for now, they’re just fine with their small, grassroots operation. “We’re cutting patterns on my dining room table,” says Jovovich, “and there are two sewers doing everything in the second bedroom of my house."

:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
bumping up an old thread...

does anyone know where in LA i could buy jovovich hawk?

Riley said:
bumping up an old thread...

does anyone know where in LA i could buy jovovich hawk?

i believe at fred segal...

vogue.co.uk...

IS MILLA MATCH MADE?
MILLA JOVOVICH isn't just another celebrity-turned-fashion designer. In fact, she has the full backing of one of London's most successful fashion names – Matches founder Tom Chapman. "We ran into her at the Premiere Vision fabric fair last season," he tells us. "There she was, this famous model and Hollywood star, choosing all the fabric for her designs all by herself." Jovovich launched Jovovich-Hawk two seasons ago and is reportedly planning to open her own boutique in New York later this year. But might we see it in Matches soon? "I believe it's only carried in Fred Segal currently but what I saw of is was very strong," says Tom. "It's definitely worth considering."

^^^ yes i saw that on vogue. is her stuff any good? I don't like the clothes hse wears so much. seems to be the thing for ex-models to do these days

i love how she dresses actually...

what other ex-models are doing this?...
i thought is was mostly 'pop stars'...:lol:

did Helena Christensen not open one too? ^^ I don't know what it is about her style I don't like. Maybe its not her style rather than something about her attitude - she always seems quite aggressive to me. I don't like that.

lol...she is a little butch...she has a bit of an edge...
but i still think she LOOKS good...:P

anyway...milla is designing...
helena just threw a bunch of money at someone and opened a store...
i don't know how involved she really is even...someone else runs it...
so i don't know if you can compare the two...

i still haven't made it over to helena's store...:rolleyes:
i actually forgot all about it....
:innocent:...

i think jovovich-hawk makes lovely pieces but is very overpriced for what it is and didn't realize they were selling enough to open a store. i see their stuff on a lot of young-hollywood but wasn't sure how well it was actually selling.

it might be little overpriced coz of exclusivity, as i know all clothe are made by one seamstress (maybe it's not true at the moment, my informations about it is almost 10 months old)

bumping this up for no particular reason :rolleyes:

i was in her star style thread earlier today and since i love the way she dresses i went to find more on her clothing line... it looks like she would wear every piece which is great...

i would love to post pics but it would be way too much work since the official site is flash.. so i'll just post a link

i :wub: a lot of the looks ... to the extent where i wouldn't mind if my closet were limited to the 2 collections that are on the site right now... i feel like it would be the equivalent of raiding milla's closet which i certainly wouldn't mind doing :innocent:

although i'm sure everything is way overpriced as was mentioned earlier in the thread

http://www.jovovich-hawk.com/

softgrey said:
i love how she dresses actually...

what other ex-models are doing this?...
i thought is was mostly 'pop stars'...:lol:

Didnt Christie Turlington created a line of yoga clothing?

the collection looks like something from one of those random boutiques that noone knows about but has really cute stuff.. that's if it wasn't so ridiculously overpriced

it is just WAY too d*mn expensive...:ermm:...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->