Jovovich-Hawk

I love the line!

The prices are a little off though... a top is around $700 and for a dress, $900... how does this happen?

Let me elaborate...

If the same amount of time and money and PR percentages that are going into the price of the top (assuming the price is justified), are going into the price of the dress, than the dress would cost about double that - $1400 - not that it should, but it would.

Hence, either the top is way overpriced, or the price of the dress is way too low. Confused.

I really love Milla Jovovich's style...I was really excited to see her own fashion line...but I agree,it's rather overpriced for what it is.

The label has come into it's own a bit,it seems...those publicity photos on the first page are absolutely cringe-worthy but I love some of the more recent things.

its a bit too boho-ish and layered for my taste. but it looks pretty good.

Having seen the clothes up-close, I think that they are way overpriced for the quality. The designs are pretty boring too. Milla has great style, but it's just that: her style. Style is really hard to replicate, no matter how much money you spend. I recommend buying vintage and having a go at it yourself.

Idoru said:
Having seen the clothes up-close, I think that they are way overpriced for the quality. The designs are pretty boring too. Milla has great style, but it's just that: her style. Style is really hard to replicate, no matter how much money you spend. I recommend buying vintage and having a go at it yourself.

You have a point there.:flower:

But no,I wouldn't like to replicate her style,I like to think that I have my own.I just admire her:smile:.

Seems like the prices have gone down. I saw some dresses online, all priced at a little under $500.

Scott said:
Milla Jovovich is immensely talented. For one,she's by far a better actress than any model that's ever gone that route. She was brilliant in "Resident Evil".

Besides that,If one has ever listened to her,the girl has the utmost respect for clothes and has a great style herself. What I enjoy about the approach in alot of this is her sense of respect and love of how clothes become naturally imperfect yet nontheless beautiful if decomposed. And craft also seems be on the fore with some of the kooky detailings--it almost has that homemade feel to it that I love.
I also heard she is an amazing fashion illustrator. i'd like to see some pics.

saw some dresses onsale at barneys for 300 or less.

seems like questionable quality for the price.

Idoru said:

Karma!!:flower:

i love Milla! She dresses so cool. my kinda of gal! But agreed her line is way too overprice for something that can been bought elsewhere from similar designers. She needs to take it down a notch or two or three or four... other than that, i :heart: Jovovich-Hawk!

The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) and US Vogue have nominated Jovovich-Hawk as a finalist for the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund initiative. The award was founded three years ago and underwritten by Vogue, Barneys New York, Coach, Juicy Couture, Kellwood Co., Nordstrom and Theory, with additional support from Gucci. The winner will be announced in November 2006. (Vogue article).

source: MillaJ.com

Hey, Jovovich's fashion isn't for everyone, obviously- but I like it. But from what people are saying about the prices, well...

I wish her luck

Prices are not really big. It's not regular clothing like, you have to count it as designers brand.

i like the clothes..not bad at all
i wouldnt mind wearing some

but than again..i wouldnt pay big bucks for a dress that looks like i can make one my self..maybe the feel is too homemade for me

they looks awfully pretty..but not super special
milla is gorgeous :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->