Junya Watanabe Man S/s 05

Originally posted by nqth@Jul 5th, 2004 - 6:42 am
I also like the first collection! It was fresh and very JW-sweet :-) I think this AW 04 collection (with small suits) is also superb.
Oh, yea, people are going crazy preordering these jackets! A definite hit.

Not as bad as I think it is :-)
Here are the embroidered Ts.

cw010023_5091.jpg
cw010023_5095.jpg

cw010023_5097.jpg
cw010023_5104.jpg

cw010023_5056.jpg
cw010023_5055.jpg

cw010023_5015.jpg
cw010023_5040.jpg

A fresh-freezing feeling :-) kind of "different sport".

I ahve to say i disapointed, and i love junya

I lke the skinnyer pants though some of the shirts are nice, i was expecting more

I wanted to gratuitously bring this back since having seen it in the stores it is SUPERB!!! The emroidered tee shirts are really lovely, although a bit feminine; workmanship is superb. The collection looks really beautiful in the stores, the bright colours and strange fabrics... Not everyone's cup a cha, but I think it's loovely

This is awfully tacky. I usually like some Junya but this is just..ugh.

^Yeah, I can't stand it either. Although, I do appreciate the workmanship of the embroidered tees, etc.

The prints & the embroidery are pretty interesting. Thanks, nqth, for the close-ups.

Arturo21 said:
This is awfully tacky. I usually like some Junya but this is just..ugh.

Oh well, looks like it wasn't such a good idea to ressurect this!:lol: Not sure it's "tacky" though, but I've noticed you do like that put down for something you don't like:innocent:

I would like to see what the embroidered t-shirts look like in person...they seem like the most interesting part of the collection. I'm guessing they're very expensive though, one of the polo shirts I saw at Saks was $500+ !!! :shock:

PrinceOfCats said:
Homoerotic undertones.

hmm...that's an interesting observation. What makes you say that? The sleeveless knit top I can kinda see...that piece reminds me a bit of DSquared. But other than that, I'm not really seeing it. Is it the odd clash of bright colors, perhaps giving it a flamboyant touch? The embroidery?

Little scrawny midgets with muttonchop 'taches in camp hats with bright colours and dressed up as cheeky yokels. Maybe it's just because I'm English but I feel like saying 'In the navy' or 'Need a light sailor?'

I dislike most of this, but the embroidery is quite nice and the craftsmanship. Thankyou for resurrecting, Johnny.

PrinceOfCats said:
Little scrawny midgets with muttonchop 'taches in camp hats with bright colours and dressed up as cheeky yokels. Maybe it's just because I'm English but I feel like saying 'In the navy' or 'Need a light sailor?'

Just out of interest what do you like (fashion wise)? You're very clear on what you don't like. I'm not being smart or anything, just would like to know.

OT:

In theory I like CDG, Rick Owens, Raf Simons and Ann Demm. However, I generally dislike anything with references to youth culture or anything which actually looks crap, which is where I have a problem.

I change what I like about every month - not so long ago I thought Armani was the bee's knees but know I realise that was a terrible error of judgement.

PrinceOfCats said:
OT:

In theory I like CDG, Rick Owens, Raf Simons and Ann Demm. However, I generally dislike anything with references to youth culture or anything which actually looks crap, which is where I have a problem.

I change what I like about every month - not so long ago I thought Armani was the bee's knees but know I realise that was a terrible error of judgement.

Right. I also dislike anything which actually looks crap too!! Fancy that.

Armani's not so bad either... I disliked the Junya collection when I saw the catwalk photos first, but liked it when I saw it in the flesh. That was why I resurrected it the thread, although I shouldn't have bothered. The styling is daft I agree, but the individual pieces are nice. I find this is the case with almost all "avant garde" designers. If you like Raf and Ann and so on though, it is not really your aesthetic (and I really don't meant that in a patronising way at all).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->