Junya Watanabe Mens F/W 07.08 Paris

PrinceOfCats said:
At least the Swiss climbers aren't a returning feature. How are the jackets at all different from Lewis Leathers? (Who Junya collaborated with a while ago)

Yes, you are right. I actually got a blue coat from that collection on YOOX. It's supposed to be foldable into a bag and be carried around with the attached belt, but I still couldn't figure out how to do it. :P

i like quite a few of these... and i normally wouldnt so someone tell me... what makes this regular collection so appealing?

Both S/S and now F/W have been a HUGE dissapoint for me from Watanabe. Those polyester suits, and now these blah biker jackets....

i don't have much knowledge of menswear but i like this
i would wear this if i was a guy..it's my style

January 27, 2007
There are designers who are happy to wax lyrical about their inspirations—and then there’s Junya Watanabe. He flatly rejected any suggestion of subtext or deeper meaning in his latest collection. He doesn’t even like motorbikes. Bikerwear just happened to be a convenient jumping-off point for one of his characteristic meditations on iconic American menswear. Ah, yes, but that’s a subtext, whether he likes it or not. Bike boys are laden with connotations (rebellion, the freedom of the open road, the cult of the outsider) and Watanabe underscored the connection by his choice of collaborator: Vanson Leathers, a leading American manufacturer of motorcycle jackets, pants, and biking accessories.

The Watanabe way is to leave no sartorial cliché undeconstructed combinations, so he broke down the biker jacket into its component parts—collar, belt, zips, etc.—and put them back together in unexpected ways: an elongated version in felted wool, for instance, or a tight little red number, also in felted wool, or a stand-up-collared example with the zipper trailing around the neckline. A fabric biker jacket and matching pants looked like a new kind of suit. And the zips that were slashed all over the Levi’s items (the latest examples of his ongoing partnership with the brand) added an edge.

This designer’s eye for a classic brand with which to collaborate is unerring. As well as Vanson, he settled on Barbour this time. The khaki oilskin had “cult” written all over it. And yet, in the end, this collection wasn’t vintage Watanabe. Perhaps the source material was just too finite, because the delightful disorientation he usually offers on the lethally familiar was not much in evidence here.

— Tim Blanks
Source: Men.Style.com

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

00070m.jpg
00080m.jpg

00090m.jpg
00100m.jpg

00110m.jpg
00120m.jpg

00130m.jpg
00140m.jpg

Source: Men.Style.com

the boots... :wub:
thanks for posting kevinn, nothing heart-stealing for me but certainly better than his last show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->