Junya Watanabe Spring Summer 04 - Paris

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
a first taste of Junya's great show :flower:

looks amaizng!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :heart:

thous sheos are gorgeous the hair so creative teh dresses look amaizng, thank you so much lena

you might see Andrè and isabella b on the background :lol:

i really like his use of black, the prints , the hair :heart:

if only the shoes were rounded :cry:

Is Junya playing with that Sigfried & Roy tiger? All the geometry brings to mind the impression that the clothes have been attacked. I like it :lol:

I'm with you on the black.

last from Junya's great spring summer 04.
inspired, commercial, consistent :heart:

gorgeous :heart:

sort of insane vant garde 60's retro :heart:

It almsot reminds me of CDG's bumbp collection for sum reason, its amaizng! :woot:

Im very gald to see him not doing a lady like antique inspired collection, I feel it would have been manotonis if he had, so iam very pleas with this new take :heart:

Tha true genius :heart:

:heart: i love the dresses... :heart: :heart: :heart: and the knotting...! i love the detailed shots...

but i am unsure about the shoes... and the large polka dot/square printed pieces... the cuts and patterns are too much.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Oct 8th, 2003 - 5:15 pm
gorgeous :heart:

sort of insane vant garde 60's retro :heart:

that's what i thought too

:shock: Too beautiful for words. :shock: This collection is very me.

Thanks for the pictures, Lena. :flower:

I dunno :unsure: , not a very energetic collection of Watanabe.

The collection was very tiring to see, IMO. First the polka dots, which are very retro, suggested Donna karan last season, but even though she tried to make it 'her' with the drape-cut details it was immeadialtely passe due to the fact those have alreay been done before. Secondly, the body-huggin' deatils were immeadialtely influenced by Rodriguez and Balenciaga w/o her own touch. Lastly the silhouettes were way too simple and commercial to seem intresting and the bondage details, too, were done recently.

Andre had a gross look on his face when looking at a few pieces at this collection. Maybe he has a point afetr all?

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Oct 9th, 2003 - 5:42 am

The collection was very tiring to see, IMO. First the polka dots, which are very retro, suggested Donna karan last season, but even though she tried to make it 'her' with the drape-cut details it was immeadialtely passe due to the fact those have alreay been done before. Secondly, the body-huggin' deatils were immeadialtely influenced by Rodriguez and Balenciaga w/o her own touch. Lastly the silhouettes were way too simple and commercial to seem intresting and the bondage details, too, were done recently.

Andre had a gross look on his face when looking at a few pieces at this collection. Maybe he has a point afetr all?
Junya has been doing polka dots for quite some time. :wink: Variations of styles are going to be seen over and over again. That's fashion, it recycles itself. Also, Junya's silhouettes have also been too simple but it's his take on simple deconstruction that makes it different, imo. I think it's a little odd to say that Junya was been derivative of mainstream designers when he is anything but. IMO, of course. :flower:

Originally posted by Astrid21+Oct 9th, 2003 - 5:50 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Astrid21 @ Oct 9th, 2003 - 5:50 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32@Oct 9th, 2003 - 5:42 am

Junya has been doing polka dots for quite some time. :wink: Variations of styles are going to be seen over and over again. That's fashion, it recycles itself. I think it's a little odd to say that Junya was been derivative of mainstream designers when he is anything but. IMO, of course. :flower: [/b][/quote]
True, maybe they get it from her. :wink: :flower:

Originally posted by ignitioned32+Oct 9th, 2003 - 5:54 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ignitioned32 @ Oct 9th, 2003 - 5:54 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Astrid21@Oct 9th, 2003 - 5:50 am
<!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32
@Oct 9th, 2003 - 5:42 am

Junya has been doing polka dots for quite some time. :wink: Variations of styles are going to be seen over and over again. That's fashion, it recycles itself. I think it's a little odd to say that Junya was been derivative of mainstream designers when he is anything but. IMO, of course. :flower:
True, maybe they get it from her. :wink: :flower:[/b][/quote]
Or you could be right. :wink: Who knows, it's all perception and speculation. :flower: Junya is a man, btw.

Originally posted by ignitioned32+Oct 9th, 2003 - 1:54 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ignitioned32 @ Oct 9th, 2003 - 1:54 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Astrid21@Oct 9th, 2003 - 5:50 am
Junya has been doing polka dots for quite some time. :wink: Variations of styles are going to be seen over and over again. That's fashion, it recycles itself. I think it's a little odd to say that Junya was been derivative of mainstream designers when he is anything but. IMO, of course.[/color] :flower:
True, maybe they get it from her. :wink: :flower: [/b][/quote]
well, unlikely as it seems, Junya is influencing both fellow designers and mass production labels.
i agree with Astrid, he's a true leader, not a follower (if occasionaly of his 'mother' company, comme des garcons B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"