Jurgi Persoons

Not sure exactly which seasons the rest of these are from-this,of course,looks distinctly like one from his earlier collections.
dhcr5u.jpg

that new feature seems great, i'll have a lok at their site.(can you give the exact link here, too?)
thanks for posting all these, scott:heart:

Looks like it could be from S/S 00-01 because I do remember he did the shoulder embellishments in that one.
dhct9e.jpg

Yeah I'm going to post the link after I get all of the uploaded :wink:

It's just so amazing what he was capable of doing. Although,his style was very much about embellishment,another tremendous aspect was how close his craft was to beinglike that of an old-world tallieur. The close-ups really capture that in his work,I think.

That last one is lovely. I've always liked/ been disgusted by thous fur pelt things.

thank scott!!

^I always wondered if that thing was fake or not?

btw,loads of pics from early Bernhard collections on there. Just use the search function and there's four pages of goodies :wink:

Is Jurgi Persoons still working in fashion industry? I have known him recently since I saw a shirt-layered jacket recently, which was really stunning and rushed to the shop but according to a salesclerk, he stopped making clothing about three years ago. I wish he would continue his collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yeah,he went bankrupt in early 2003,sadly. But his spirit still remains,though.

Wow,that's brilliant! :woot: Don't you just admire the paneled bits?

You are welcome! I knew you'd be happy about this :lol:

Scott said:
Wow,that's brilliant! :woot: Don't you just admire the paneled bits?

You are welcome! I knew you'd be happy about this :lol:

Yessum! BTW, the stitching is red on hers. It might be the black and white pictures. I'm going to use these for my blog, if you don't mind! :flower: :heart:

P.S. I just wanted to make one comment about how I fell in love with Jurgi. It wasn't one of those scenarios where I found out about him from somewhere or was overwise predisposed to like him. I just walked into Barneys one day, saw his clothes and his name for the first time, and I just couldn't pull myself away from them. :heart: :heart: :heart:

They mesmerising indeed.

As for the pictures....of course! You can actually go back on the site as they had a few more that I didn't include...one was a trench-jacket à la Mugler with big overemphasised shoulders...wasn't so keen on that piece surprisingly. And a couple skirts that had cut-outs....they weren't quite as strong to add here I didn't think. But if you go to the site,click 'Zoeken' for search and you'll find just about anything from a Belgian. They had about 7 or 8 pages of MMM. Except for the newer designers as I only saw a couple things from Bruno. Some great early BW too. The stuff I love so much.

^And,they had a some nice stuff from Dirk Van Saene in their collection too.

From Belgian Fashion Design

Jurgi Persoons S/S 98
Photos by Ronald Stoops

F/W 1999-2000, S/S 1999

my scans

^the more severely romantic jurgi.

thanks for the bump,la bordelique ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member