Jurgi Persoons

^:woot:
L-B,you are my hero!
thank you ever-so much for discovering these!!!!!! i've seen some but minuscule versions.

invite from S/S 97
makeup from 98
sort of hair from 99

fashionjp

Last edited by a moderator:
I dreamt about him last night .... I kept asking him about his process for his collections and where could I find his stuff ...

He didnt say a thing (in my dream) :(

Twas like an epiphany ... after the dream . all Ive thought about today is how much I like his stuff :P

I knew his name sounded familiar. I just asked my mum about him and she showed me a sweater of hers which looked very similar to this one, but had a looser knit to it. She said that she bought it from Europe years ago.

0407048.jpg

stylezeitgeist

She also says that it's this kind of work that she misses the most about the 1990s. She says that she was a huge fan of the new experimental fashion that was becoming available at the time and bought many pieces from Margeila and someone called Wolter something? (does anyone know who she's talking about? I can't seem to find him). Unfortunately a lot of those pieces were lost during our move, but that sweater remains as a favourite of hers. Just thought I'd share it because I love this kind of work. It's so honest and clear.

that's lovely squiz. i think many of us who experienced (anti)fashion in the 90's miss that too. the 90's-early noughties were the most inspiring time. wolter? not sure if i'm familiar with that one.

^^ Walter van Beirendonck maybe? Your mom has style!!! I only have a printed silhouette t-shirt by Jurgi Persoons and it's soft as heck... but I don't like wearing it too much because I don't want to ruin the print!

^ Yes him! My mother is such FOB, her English is shameful LOL Thank you for the clarification.

One thing I'm wondering is how could you wear such delicate and loose knits without wrecking the piece too easily. I suppose you'd just need to be careful?
Also, is the same thing replicable with normal fabric like cotton or satin or something? I'm asking because I'm gonna be taking a few beginner design classes and it would be awesome to make something like this, although it looks super complicated lol :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
well i think that's sort of the point....maybe not to the point of wrecking something but in that the clothes wear and takes on a new life and in some cases a new affect. it was really the romance and poetry within the deconstructivist movement.....and that side was particularly prevalent and revolutionized by belgian designers and namely the royal academy's philosophy.

Glass Cages Girls By The River, Autumn-Winter 1999-2000 / Spring-Summer 1999, photo by Ronald Stoops

View attachment 645453 View attachment 645455
zoku.tumblr

Portrait, 2012
Photo Ronald Stoops
Grooming Inge Grognard

Jurgi-Persoons_2012_by_Ronald_Stoops.jpg

SS 1999
Ronald / Inge

SS1999.jpg

SS 1998 Invitation / SS 1999
Graphic design Paul Boudens
SS1997.jpg

SS1999I-2.jpg

jurgipersoons.com

did he ever work with Stefan Sagmeister, or they got influenced by each other? cause their choice of typeface are really similar.

^actually graphic work is done by paul boudens(which is actually signature of his style) who works closely with most of the antwerp designers. most of his work has that raw,graffiti one-offness. we actually have a thread dedicated to him in the behind the lens forum.

btw,just to point out,that portrait in the white shirt is an image done by ronald stoops only a few months ago.

^ No, I'm pretty sure of that; any similarity with Sagmeister would be purely coincidental, besides the raw and edgy approach I personally wouldn't associate the two of them coz fundamentally they're poles apart.

There's something on Jurgi in the current issue (#2) of Modern Matter magazine... I believe an interview...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->