Jurgi Persoons

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by faust, Feb 5, 2004.

1. faust

faust New Member

Now there is a designer I would like to see launch a men's line!

2. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i hope he will show both men&women in paris later on (PFW) B)

3. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Faust*,Jurgi is my hero of fashion and everyone will probably contest my love for this guy. I always thought his clothes would be fab on men and women alike and then he did that collection in the Autumn of 2002 where he had two guys modelling for him.

I hope,though,he does launch a seperate men's collection when he returns from his bankruptcy. But I would only love it if he continued in the same respect as his women's though.

4. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

Jurgi's high on my list too-I saw a lot of it while I was in Belgium and used some pieces in a Belgian Designer story I styled. I never hear about him anymore though...did he lose funding?

5. Scott

Yeah,apparently the luxurious use of fabric(silk of Abraham and Dormeuil wool) combined with the amount of embellishments which he is so infamous for rendered finance problems. At least that's my presumption.

I e-mailed him at the end of 2001 pretty much praising he and his work and got a reply stating that he hoped he'd get the chance to meet me one day. My ultimate dream is to style for him. He's such an irreverent guy,even amongst his compatriots.

You've been to Antwerp? I was there for three months hoping I could get something going in the way of at least some assistance work but stylists aren't so ambient in Antwerp. I'm moving there though as soon as I get all that.

6. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I love Jugi, actually I didnt knwoa botu him untill I started talking to scott , even though i ahve see some of hsiw ork. He is just brilliant :heart: :heart: :heart:

7. faust

faust New Member

Yeah,apparently the luxurious use of fabric(silk of Abraham and Dormeuil wool) combined with the amount of embellishments which he is so infamous for rendered finance problems. At least that's my presumption.

I e-mailed him at the end of 2001 pretty much praising he and his work and got a reply stating that he hoped he'd get the chance to meet me one day. My ultimate dream is to style for him. He's such an irreverent guy,even amongst his compatriots.

You've been to Antwerp? I was there for three months hoping I could get something going in the way of at least some assistance work but stylists aren't so ambient in Antwerp. I'm moving there though as soon as I get all that.[/b][/quote]
    (Ok, this is my 4th attempt to respond, the sight is horrible today)...

That's terrible about Jurgi's funding.

His clothes is very expensive. I really wanted to get something for my wife, but I couldn't afford it even at a discount store that carries last year's pieces. However, I can definititely see (unlike PLENTY of other designers) where the high price tag comes from, the material and craftmanship is top notch. I love his stitching. I read an interview with him where he said that the financial aspect is not even on the list of his concerns. I guess it finally backfired, which is a shame. I hope he gets financial backing.

Scott, it will be incredible if you'll be able to move to Antwerp. I love that city so much. It's a perfect mix of culture and ambience, very hip, yet laid back. I hope to keep in touch once you move, or at least keep posting here. It'd be great to know someone in Antwerp!

8. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

i'm having trouble responding too...

thanks for all the info scott-I was only in antwerp once briefly to check it out.. i'm really glad i went. Antwerps great-have you thought about NY?

what did you mean by "ambient"?

9. Scott

Ditto. Too slow,its been since it went wonky over the weekend.

I read a similar quote in Young Belgian Fashion Design which he said that sometimes as a designer you don't like to think about that kind of stuff--you just want to create. And I'm sure everyone can relate to that but unfortunately sometimes it does cause problems since we live in a commerce driven world now.

I most likely will ;) Being there was unlike anything I've experienced. It isn't a fashion city like some would expect it would be. Quite laid back and quiet. I felt good there...comfortable. A friend I met that attended the Academy,kept persuading me not to go elsewhere like London or Paris after I had realized that I could not find any work I considered. I still may have to though and then I will return.

Softgrey,I just meant that stylists aren't exactly amuck like it is in Paris or London. The only famous one is Olivier Rizzo...the rest that help the designers usually come from London and Paris. Jurgi was even working with someone from NY,funnily. So maybe to have more than one based there,might be beneficial. Not to mention,I relate to the quiet nature of the Belgians.

Are you familiar with Anna Clausen by any chance? She's got my CV and a few test shots at hand for reference. She's done some stuff for Purple mag and Very Style Guide.

10. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Oh, Scott, can you post a link or photos of Jurgi's work? I really want to see his work. :flower:

11. Scott

Better yet,I'll post some looks for you ;)

12. Scott

another....

13. Scott

love this scarf :heart:

14. Scott

this i have kept on my HD because I can never find anything from this one.

15. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

great Jurgi pictures scott, i wonder if you still have any from his 'girls-on-mirrors instalation from two years ago, if so please post, i was so taken by this collection :flower:

16. Scott

Absolutely :heart:

Here's one more from that "girls in the eggs" collection

17. Scott

The mirrors collection :heart: :heart:

18. Scott

Another....

19. Scott

Another....

20. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:woot: thank you so much for posting those here scott*
    i adore the 'mirrors' collection and the presentation was simply breathtaking :heart: (much more for the scared-to-lean-on-mirrors models)