Just Cavalli F/W 09.10 Milan

DD.-

Reaction score
The Just Cavalli runway show was canceled two days ago after Ittierre, the Italian manufacturer that makes Roberto Cavalli's younger line, became the latest company to fall prey to the recession. But the designer isn't prepared to give up without a fight. "I hope with all my heart that these pieces will be produced," he said at a press conference and at the small showroom presentation today, hinting that he may take the process temporarily in-house. "It's grinta," he declared. "Strong, edgy, forceful, charismatic—like me." Like so many other designers this season, Cavalli has been vibing on the rocker/biker chick look made popular by Balmain's Christophe Decarnin. A rugged black leather motocross jacket was paired with a silver-studded net dress, and a tuxedo jacket topped a rhinestone-covered sleeveless minidress. Denim, Cavalli reminded the audience, is what first made his name ten years ago, and here it came frayed and ripped or in a black and white acid wash that was patchworked into a fitted long-sleeve dress with silver chain trim at the hem. If these ideas were hardly revolutionary, they were well executed for their eventual price tags. There are plenty of girls eager to get this tough and sexy look in the three- or four—not five—figure range, should the resilient Mr. Cavalli manage to get it made.

from style.com

Style.com

complete show

Attachments

• 01m.jpg
    01m.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 02m.jpg
    02m.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 03m.jpg
    03m.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 04m.jpg
    04m.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 05m.jpg
    05m.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 11

Attachments

• 10m.jpg
    10m.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 7
  • 09m.jpg
    09m.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 08m.jpg
    08m.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 07m.jpg
    07m.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 06m.jpg
    06m.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 15m.jpg
    15m.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 11
  • 14m.jpg
    14m.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 13m.jpg
    13m.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 12m.jpg
    12m.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 11m.jpg
    11m.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 13

Attachments

• 16m.jpg
    16m.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 17m.jpg
    17m.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 18m.jpg
    18m.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 11
  • 19m.jpg
    19m.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20m.jpg
    20m.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 5
style.com

Attachments

• 25m.jpg
    25m.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 24m.jpg
    24m.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 23m.jpg
    23m.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 22m.jpg
    22m.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 21m.jpg
    21m.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 26m.jpg
    26m.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 4
  • 27m.jpg
    27m.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 8
those ripped jeans are so last season, along with hipsters and hipster-wannabe bloggers.

Oh. Well I like some individual pieces, but yeah those ripped jeans made me cringe a little.

It just doesn't seem like there was a sole inspiration, it's all over the place. I see grunge, Russian, futuristic, business-like, everything. I'm not into this collection truth be told.

the biker jackets and pants don't seem to be executed well but that fourth dress is nice. very tuff but cute

gosh what a crap - usually he done something extravagand and cheap looking but this is way behind that - he stole little from Balmian, little from wang etc. It's all so last season and bad caopycat looking. Go away.

i was never impressed by Just Cavalli´s fashion and it didn´t change :shock:

good lord what a mess!! :lol: :lol:

there's a bit of futurism, a bit of abstract expressionism wannabe, there's 80s retro in the way, there's some military references, there's metallic, there's ruffles, motorbike jackets, boyfriend tailoring...
oh yes, and pointy shoes!!

now that's what i call FOCUS -_-

I like the Jeans and the shoulders. Nothing else :ninja:

This isn't biker or rocker chic! This is just a bunch of commercial crap u can find anywhere really. Its just meant to suck up to younger girls cuz they cant afford the real stuff, which is good I guess.
Its not ugly, just oridinary and deeply unoriginal.
The acid jeans are shocking! Thyre just nasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->