JW Anderson Menswear F/W 2022.23 Milan

Only the women wear is solid. Especially the dress with the eye print. The rest, I don't care. It's maybe good for editorial but make no sense in real life.

The more I like his Loewe more his own brand become more irrelevant to me.

If I don't get both the camel and the black coats on the black guy model I am going to die. Watch me robbing the stores or JW clients for those two coats. The rest is underwhelming by his standards.

I love this collection for being absurdly joyful. The pigeon clutch is the ultimate highlight and I don't think I'll be as amazed by anything else this season. That being said, I feel like this collection might be underwhelming to some because it feels very archival in a way. I mean it's very JW Anderson circa 2013-2016 redone and restyled for 2022. To me this reset makes sense as Anderson was getting too weird in a really uncomfortable way at his own brand. Let's see how it evolves.

I don’t know how this will work on men really and I really don’t know either if the men JWA customers are that daring but the whole collection, for women is pretty fabulous! The A-line silhouettes, Cardin-like hemlines are very great.
The silver and black leggings are supertacky tho.

A lot of this just looks like the ideas that were rejected at Loewe.

It's been said previously in some other thread, but it's worth repeating:

Beware the designer who takes good care NOT to wear the stuff he sends down the runway.
The ever growing gap between JA's personal image and his menswear proposal is disconcerting, to say the least.
I was also perplexed in reading his pre-show interview on WWD, where he said he wanted to go "silly, noisy, tactile" this season...like he ever did anything different before.

I think it's totally fine to separate the art from the artist.

He seems really cool. This is a pretty neat collection. That's about it.

I really like it. It has similar energy from his early mens collections, it's fun and bold but more streamlined. I'm crazy about that white polo dress and that brown shearling coat.

cute! loving it. and thank god he didn't call Juergen teller for bad pictures. This is so much easier and better. well done Jw!

I personally look forward to JWA collections each season, and this one was okay, but I was not wowed. To echo someone above, I just don’t know who this will appeal to. Granted I don’t see anyone wearing JWA where I’m at, so maybe there is a market out there and im just not aware. I find a lot of this brash and not sure how practical it’ll be outside the runway/editorials. I will keep my eye out for the jeans in look 30 and some of the leather pants.

Once I picture this “menswear” on women, it suddenly makes perfect sense. I feel that, deep down, he knows and accepts the fact that his formal experimentation works better on a female body and doesn’t even try to adapt it to the male form…at least in this collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->