JW Anderson Menswear F/W 2024.25 Milan

Jonathan Anderson, Raf Simons, and Miuccia Prada presents their F/W 2024 menswear collection, styled by Lotta Volkova - who all called it in.

Not really feeling this one from JW, feels like a step back when comparing to other collections this season so far. There a couple of nice jackets and wool coats but meh...

So all over the place.
It's such a mixed bag of good (the coats), the bad (those sweatshirts over stockings...seriously?) and the silly (the shorts). It completely fails to be cohesive.
Kill me for saying this, but I can't believe that this guy, donkey years into his trade, cannot make a decent tailored piece for the life of him.

Pride-Dont-Dream-it-Be-It-RHPS-1.jpg

The womenswear looks better than the menswear (and it is supposed to be a Menswear collection!)

Guess JW decided its ok to attempt oversized and rip off Demna. But via Dries Van Noten’s boring middle class vision. So bad!!!!

the coats are perfect.
and that’s all really as there’s nothing else to praise.

Jonathan is very hit and miss. Big miss here. Not a single thing I like.

This is made for the fashion clique, social media. A bunch of clothes with no life of their own, made to be seen and photographed. More marketing than fashion.

I'm sure the social media fashion mafia will lap this up, but surely this is one huge troll here (not that his others aren't). All the gathered ruffles and satin edging seem like the kind of thing a fashion student would do to add something "different" to their collection to make it more interesting 😂 When in doubt, add a ruffle...

loved the paintings by christine kubrick (at first i thought they were by hope gangloff) on looks 22, 23, 24 its a shame they went to waste adorning nonsensical clothes, also some of the coats are fab (looks 20,32) but that's it lol

imagine jonathan in his studio going "babes what if we send down the runway a bunch of shirtless twinks in shorts that look like full incontinence pads just to troll social media hags, thats fun innit?? ok then loves the intern who brings me the funniest twitter thread, written by someone with a bella pfp, trying to explain my trolling will get a free strawberry kiwi elfbar"

Typical cringe children’s clown costumes on a cast of twinks trolling as menswear.

I will always maintain that this person was the first sign of the fashion apocalypse that is this current era. But good for him for snatching that moment to make it all his when the industry and all the fashion victimz got bored with sophistication, talent and beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->