JW Anderson S/S 2019 London

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Sep 15, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. tatouejeremie

tatouejeremie Active Member

way too many looks and everything looks fussy, was looking forward to seeing some menswear but i guess they're doing lookbook for that now?

4. gazebo

gazebo Well-Known Member

The messy thing is old by now. Move on.

5. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

Another home run for Mr. Anderson. I just cant get enough of him.

The styling is a bit heavy, but is pleasant to look at, what not happen at Gucci that makes me fell tired. It feels very personal too (I can imagine him at his studio working and listening to Robyn) and at same time relatable. Its the magic of JWA (or the magic of fashion itself).

I just gonna be rewatching this show the whole week. Its so good to have a place to breath and be enchanted in todays fashion reality.

rubydon likes this.
  6. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

There’s always so many IDEAS at a JW show, and I appreciate that...lots of little details and constructions techniques that are interesting and playful. I really like the satin puff sleeve top, and the leather skirt with the large strip curving off at the hip.

However, this time around there is simply too much going on....there’s too much fringe, there’s too much fabric in all the draped look, the headscarves PLUS the little brooch WITH the chain ....then the bags and the shoes...it leaves me with no overall impression or takeaway. There are some very strong looks in the mix, but ultimately they’re getting lost.

Last season was more concise in that way.

7. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I just can't help it, i love it!
    It's just great to see the confidence build up. His clothes are more and more strong in construction, in details. And i love the sensuality of those flowy fabrics.
    It's funny because the piece that i enjoy and look forward the most from JWA is the shirt dress and i feel like this collection is pretty much around that. Small details like a good plastron are enough for me.
    What could have been a cheap gimmick like the fishnet is really well executed.
    I see some touches of Ghesquiere but done in a subtle way. The color palette is great, the styling is great (I guess Bruno really had fun this time). There's a lot going on but it doesn't look heavy and even more, there's one point of view, one vision of a woman from the first look to the last look but at the same time, this can appeal to a lot of women.
    And those boots! They could be just perfect for this winter!

This is already one of my favorite collection of the entire season!
    London is great! Richard Malone was great, JWA is great...Even Molly Goddard kinda delivered!

rubydon and Ken Doll Jenner like this.
  8. dontbeadrag

dontbeadrag Active Member

Fashion should be grateful to have J W with them. Beautiful and lack any pretentiousness. Pure fashion.

rubydon likes this.
  9. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

love it so much, i even prefer what he does for his own label to loewe

the boots are awesome. love the styling. love the head pieces. great music.

10. Sensation

Sensation V.I.P.

Great collection as always from him.

11. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Active Member

I didn't like it as much as I hoped, it looks a bit thrown together and I'm not a fan of so many slouchy silhouettes. I do like the restraint in the use of color/prints and the net dresses, the couple shirt dresses at the beginning were also among my favorite looks.

GivenchyAddict likes this.
  12. apple

apple Well-Known Member

Not his best work but still so good! The only remarkable show in London in my opinion.

13. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Active Member

Things are looking up for LFW. This is another noteworthy collection from JWA and one that designers like the Proenza Schouler guys should have made after--supposedly--graduating from the Paris scene. He really is a successor to Phoebe in a sense that he's able to create edgy clothes that don't veer toward the lands of fashion victims.

I do think he should fine-tune the nonchalant styling in several looks, though, but there are definitely more hits than misses here. Among them are the knit dresses, the tailored jackets with fringed macrame, and--my personal, absolute favorite--the cropped blouses with almost floor-length fringes hanging from the slevees. I love the fact that he offers a lot of remarkable tops here, because if I were a woman, I could easily wear them with just a pair of jeans and I'd be all set. Bravo! I hope he can continue this glory with his Loewe show in Paris.

14. lewak

lewak Active Member

VERY nice. Yes, bravo JA!

Last few looks over-styled.....