JW Anderson S/S 2024 London

Loved this and actually got confused for a moment thinking this was Loewe.

There’s only really 17 looks here if you don’t count the repeated looks.

I'm never moved by his womenswear but he always brings interesting techniques. What are those first pieces made of? They look like clay. I love how they separate from the body and almost move independently.

The exploded bomber jackets are pretty interesting, and so are the pant variations. They'd feel pretty warm and snug as an outfit combo. The quality of everything is really nice too.

Still just a lot of outfit repeats at the end of the day though. Do have question if this really warrants a show at all.

I love how graphic it is. The red and blue net dresses are my favorite. Such great summer pieces.

Meanwhile, the glossy inflatable looking pieces look like something from a Peanuts comic lol but somehow they work.

I do appreciate that when he experiments with a technique, he doesn't beat it to death and vomit it all over the collection. Even those ridiculous tubed dresses look well done.

Yeah, too many repetitions indeed but it definitely feels fresh. Love how he brings something new to the table, such as the proportions and textures. I’m a huge fan, I can’t deny and I’m very excited for Loewe (this particular collection feels like an appetizer lol).

The cargo pants (?) are fabulous! The twisted dresses also caught my attention as I scrolled my Instagram feed.

At this point his own collections and his ones for Loewe look the same. You could tell me one was the other and I’d believe you.
The Loewe collections seem to be much more diverse in the final offering.

it’s also his exploration with techniques and playfulness with fabrics that keeps me curious.

loved the puffed jackets with feathers and the glittery skirts (wish he had made dresses from it too).

Contemporary but with quality. Commercial but with interesting ideas…
It’s insane that between London and NYC, two fashion weeks with the most brands in that area, we couldn’t get what we get here.

I like everything as it feels very achieved. My only complain would be the repetition because it would actually be interesting if the variations were more than just color. I think it could have been interesting to have the puffer ensembles in mat nylon or in a different fabric like popelin cotton.

I think a lot of those pieces could work for menswear.

This easily is the first collection that I have enjoyed since this FW month started.

I like how he finally found the perfect balance between weird experiments and commerce for his brand. There are a lot of separate pieces that'll be very eye-catching in the store.
And I like that he covered every category from daywear to evening wear with those gorgeous dresses.

Now I can't wait for his Loewe show.

I loved the use of feathers to replicate fur/shearling, very simple but very clever. The quality of textiles and constructions are all there. Very exited to see what he will show at Loewe!

Ugly shoes but…

I am in awe with the lozenge-pleated trousers. So clever and yet so easy and elegant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->