Kabbalah T-shirts Anyone?

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
well, as expected :innocent:

Kabbalah Chic
By Karen Robinovitz
August 30, 2004 @ 5:38 PM - New York

When Madonna first started going to Kabbalah, it seemed like a passing phase—no different than the virgin/wh*re, worshipping black Jesus circa "Like a Prayer," dominatrix, and Goth movements that came before. But after a few years of her running around with the red string on her left hand, observing the Sabbath, going Kosher, and calling herself Esther (her Kabbalah name), it was clear that the spiritual practice was here to stay.

The Kabbalah Center suddenly became the new club du jour in Hollywood. Everyone from Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Ashton Kutcher, and Demi Moore are loyal students. And it’s heading mainstream. The symbolic red string popped up at Target recently (in fact, there are 516 matches when you search for “Kabbalah” at www.target.com). And debuting today at MAGIC, in a deluxe private suite at the Mandalay Bay Hotel, Yehuda Berg, Hollywood confidant and son of Rav Berg (the head of the Kabbalah Center), is launching Tech 4 Soul, a groovy new line of t-shirts and baseball hats rumored to be designed by one of the center’s most high profile students (Rav Berg is keeping the identity of the designer a secret, but—hint-hint—we hear it’s someone who tends to wear t-shirts that say, “Kabbalists do it better”).

There are twelve styles of the 100% cotton tees for women and eight for men, including kitschy numbers with red string woven into the fabric, the Superman logo with the number 72 in the middle (emblematic of the holy book, 72 Names of God), and others that say “Enjoy Kabbalah” a la “Enjoy Coke.” Ashton Kutcher is already wearing the trucker hat, emblazoned with the word EGO (the “O” is a skull), which recalls the Kabbalistic saying, “death to the ego.”

“Kabbalah works on the soul level, so with Kabbalah-inspired fashion, we work on the interior and the exterior,” says the collection’s spokesperson, Brian Long, who also happens to be Paris and Nicky Hilton’s publicist. Prices range from $65 to $85 and a portion of the proceeds will benefit Spirituality for Kids. Stores like Tracey Ross and Kitson in Los Angeles, Scoop in New York, and Browns in London will be offering the line this fall. No word on whether it has to be hand-washed in Kabbalah water to "work."

from fwd :flower:

here, Tech 4 Soul's Kabbalah T-shirts debut, in Las Vegas at MAGIC

thanx for posting Lena!

hmm. i kinda had a feeling, (after the sudden popularity) this Kabbalah religion would come in this form.

Capitalizing off of religion - hmmm, that sounds very spiritual to me. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Sep 1 2004, 04:51 PM
:rolleyes: who would wear that????
[snapback]352570[/snapback]​

not any FSpotters as far as i can see :lol: :flower:

So, now that Maddie has turned her back on Kabbalah, will the tee shirts be going on sale? :wink: :evil:

argh :rolleyes: now that Maddie is done with it, they wanna put those on mass production and sh*t.. :neutral:

I guarantee you that the majority of the people who will wear these will be wearing them to be "fashionable" and "trendy" and not because they have an actual interest in Kabbalah.

So where can I get an "AGNOSTIC" shirt?? :innocent:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Sep 1 2004, 03:21 PM
argh :rolleyes: now that Maddie is done with it, they wanna put those on mass production and sh*t.. :neutral:
[snapback]352866[/snapback]​

Or maybe Madge wouldn't give enough to charity and now they have to market those cheesy shirts? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->