Kanye "Ye" West

TommyJJ

Reaction score
I really like Kanye West's style in clothing, wearing a lot of Ralph Lauren and bright colours. I can't find many good pictures of him and was wondering if anyone could post some pics or even tell me some good sites that sell Ralph Lauren other than polo.com. Also, what do you think of this brightly coloured preppy style?

I love his choice of colors too. He wears them as a shirt under a jacket or when he's dressing down like the polo shirts. I have some pictures and I'll post them if anyone could tell me how :smile:

:flower: I like his style. He doesn' t over do his "bling bling" which is a BIG plus. He often combines a luxurious jacket or cardigan with a simple pair of jeans and some FAB old school sneakers. He is kind of a trend setter for some rappers who now sport this preppy look. John Legend (not a rapper) has a similiar style aswell.

Some pictures

I like his cardigan here

I love Kanye! That shirt in the last picture reminds me of one wyatt posted:P When I have time I'll have to post pictures of Kanye

that tiger t shirt is Dolce & Gabbana FW 04

I really can't stand the way he dresses, it's nothing new. It's new for a rapper, but not new in general. Yes, it looks nice but I dont consider him a fashion savant like many do.

There is a boy at my school that looks JUST like Kanye, he has possibly the worst personality. He thought he mattered cause he looked like Kanye...Poor thing (he smelled like popcorn too)

I hate his new song too. All he does is sample music, didnt PDiddle get in trouble because of that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Moved to the Art of Noise :flower:

I agree. He does have an unique way of dress and pulls it off very well.

He came and played at my school but he's not very good live. So, I'm pretty turned off by him. He has ok style, but like someone else said, it's nothing new.

I love KAnye West I think he is the best thing that has come out in music in a long time His style is really hot too Yeah its been done but I like how he does it

Diorling said:
I really can't stand the way he dresses, it's nothing new. It's new for a rapper, but not new in general. Yes, it looks nice but I dont consider him a fashion savant like many do.

There is a boy at my school that looks JUST like Kanye, he has possibly the worst personality. He thought he mattered cause he looked like Kanye...Poor thing (he smelled like popcorn too)

I hate his new song too. All he does is sample music, didnt PDiddle get in trouble because of that?

Thank You!!! exactly how I feel!
people are giving him waaay too much credit just because his clothes actually fit him.

i actually love his style..and his music..when he had just started, he used to dress very preppy but now its more refined.

late registration (kanye west)

i like kanye... despite people's disses over his comments on bush, i mean he's very talented.

:D

i got his new CD and it's very different from what i'm used to listening to... awesome.

what do you guys think?

I'm actually listening to this album right now...I LOVE it, it's soooo much better than College Dropout it's not even funny. I think teaming up with Jon Brion was a stroke of genius, the instrumentation is out of this world. With this album I believe Kanye has finally pushed himself to the Dr. Dre level of production where he's transcended hip hop, i see him as a pop composer/arranger in the manner of a modern day Burt Bacharach!

Also his rhymes have gotten a lot better, he sounds very effortless and clever now.

What's your favorite song? Mine are "Heard Em Say" and "Celebration." Especially the first verse of "Heard Em Say" (that rhyme scheme w/ 'dope boys were the rock stars/but they can't cop cars without seein cop cars' rolls off the tongue) and Adam Levine's soulful chorus.

BTW Kanye's line in "Gone," "They got a new b*tch/you're Jennifer Aniston" is ice cold! It must be cruel hearing that line, but i thought it was clever and very reflective of the current moment in American culture.

I've heard several songs of this album and I love them! Could someone please post the tracklist?

Here you go indie:

1. Wake Up Mr. West (skit/intro)
2. Heard 'Em Say f/ Adam Levine of Maroon 5
3. Touch the Sky f/ Lupe Fiasco
4. Gold Digger f/ Jamie Foxx
5. Drive Slow f/ Paul Wall & GLC
6. My Way Home f/ Common
7. Crack Music f/ Game
8. Roses
9. Bring Me Down f/ Brandy
10. Addiction
11. Diamonds from Sierra Leone (Remix) f/ Jay-Z
12. We Major f/ Nas & Really Doe
13. Hey Mama
14. Celebration
15. Gone f/ Consequence and Cam'Ron
16. Bonus Track: Diamonds from Sierra Leone

there's a bunch of pointless skits in between tracks, but those are the songs.

Kanye West is a moron. He is just like Diddy back when he was Puff Daddy. I see no talent. All practically mysogynistic, or even when he has a decent message going he has to be tacky.

I can never forget at the VMA after show he was polishing his shoes so everyone could see, and when he though the camera wasnt looking he stopped then started again after he realized the camera was still shooting. Hilarious. His shoes were last season Gucci..

Last edited by a moderator:
Fade to Black, thanks! Karma for you.

Nas on rocafella producion :D Anything can happen in the game :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->