Karen Mulder Arrested for Threatening Plastic Surgeon

papa_levante

oh! darling
Reaction score
fashionologie.com

The 39-year-old '90s supermodel was taken into custody in Paris this morning following a complaint from a plastic surgeon of "vicious telephone calls." A detective said Mulder is being interviewed for repeated calls asking for a previous operation to be reversed — she was allegedly "screaming and shoyting about the operation and became extremely threatening." Mulder has had a troubled past — in 2001, she was treated for depression in a psychiatric hospital and a year later overdosed on sleeping pills — but is expected to be released.

telegraph.co.uk

The 39-year-old was being held at a police station in the French capital following allegedly 'vicious telephone calls' directed at the female medic.

Dutch-born Miss Mulder first made her name alongside English beauties including Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss as one of the original supermodels of the 1990s.

A detective said the caller was thought to have asked for a previous operation to be reversed and "was screaming and shouting about the operation and became extremely threatening.

"There were repeated calls to the female surgeon who was extremely scared. The suspect is being interviewed."

Miss Mulder was being held at a police station in the in the hugely fashionable 8th arrondissement, the epicentre of Paris haute couture where she started her career in the 1980s after winning an Elite model agency talent contest.

She worked for all the big fashion houses including Chanel, Valentino, Céline and Versace.

Dubbed 'The Blonde with Class' by Vogue magazine, Mulder was at one point earning up to £10,000-a-day before officially retiring.

In 2001 She attended a psychiatric hospital suffering from chronic depression, blaming it on drug addiction during her modelling days.

A year later there was a suicide attempt when Mulder overdosed on sleeping pills, but she was rescued by close friends in Paris, who at one point included France's current First Lady Carla Bruni.

Mulder frequently complained about her hatred at 'being photographed' but two years ago briefly returned to the runway alongside Campbell and other supermodel contemporaries including Linda Evangelista and Helena Christensen.

Another police source in Paris said Mudler was arrested at 10am on Tuesday following a complaint from the unnamed surgeon.

Mulder faces a charge of threatening behaviour, but is likely to be released, said the source.

84662897.jpg

This is how she looked like back in February (it looks like she had gone under plastic surgery then.She looks older than the models her gae).I really feel sorry for her,back in the days when she was a model, she sounded like such a happy and considerate person.For some reasons, I always relate her depression and strange behaviour to her break-up with J-Y Le Fur and her inability to get an after-modeling career (like her other friends...namely Carla).The worst is that she has a kid now (wasn't she pregnant a while ago ?).
source: gettyimages

Why was she shouting? Has the surgery went wrong or something? :unsure:

Why was she shouting? Has the surgery went wrong or something? :unsure:

Just read it was because she wanted a previous operation to be reversed
I had no idea that she tried to commit suicide seven years ago :shock:

sad.

I hope she isn't disfigured in any way. she is so stunning.

i do wish her well as i believe it is her past catching up with her ...

Had a model friend who had something like this happen. Doctor was COMPLETELY incompetent and destroyed her nose so one part of it collapsed. Been going on about 4 years now back and forth.

Would not be surprised if this is something similar with Karen

Modeling and the Tragedy of Karen Mulder

In a series of more-or-less coherent magazine interviews, Mulder repeated most of her accusations, and added that her agency had encouraged her to use cocaine and heroin. She told the Daily Mail, "They tried to turn me into a prostitute because they thought it would be so easy. I was raped by two bookers. I reported them and they were fired. Another time I was shut in the office of [a high-profile man from the modeling world] for a whole day. All these people who betrayed me I used to love very much. Then I realized how big the conspiracy was. It brought in the government and police, who both used Elite girls. People have tried to kidnap and poison me."

Her suicide attempt came after she was packed off to Montsouris hospital and heavily sedated for five months of treatment for depression and anxiety. (Gerald Marie, the head of Elite Paris and one of the men Mulder had accused of r*ping her, paid.) It came after Marie was filmed on hidden camera by the BBC trying to give a 15-year-old model £300 for sex, and bragging of how many entrants to the Elite Model Look competition — average age 15 — he was going to sleep with that year. It came after Mulder's attempt at a crossover music career resulted in the release of a cover of "I Am What I Am", which peaked at number 13 on the French pop charts in the summer of 2002. It was after recanting all her r*pe accusations, and explaining that she was in fact dealing with the aftermath of childhood sexual abuse and had "gone overboard," that the former supermodel tried to kill herself. Since emerging from hospital, and until her arrest yesterday, Mulder has kept a low profile.

I knew she had a lot of issues...btw, I had no idea you could be arrested for yelling at someone?!! Yikes...whatever happened to a restraining order?

:huh: Is this really true, or is it just rumor?
But it does look like she had her nose done.

:huh: Is this really true, or is it just rumor?
But it does look like she had her nose done.

Uh yeah, I don't think that anyone would post a rumour about someone getting arrested.

I think she had her cheekbones done, her skin looks more stretched.

Here's another pic from the same occasion.

karen_mulder_defiguree_par_son_chirurgien_esthetique_mode_une.jpg

source : elle.fr

Who is she!? I don't remember her... sorry!

Who is she!? I don't remember her... sorry!
she was one of the biggest and most successful models back in the 90s, it's sad to hear about what she had to get through :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->